worried about a friend

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

worried about a friend

Postby anxiousdude23 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:17 am

Hi all

I have an online friend who I am a bit worried about. He met this other girl on line and she decided not to speak to him for some reason. Not very good reasons. he is 36 and she is 18 and i think she was worried about the age gap, even though they were just friends. they have met before and he doesn't have many people in his life, so she was a big part of his life for a year. He treated her to a massive 18th birthday weekend- limo, hotel, the lot. Anyway, since she ended the friendship he hasn't been eating, sleeping etc. It has been like this for 10 days since she ended the friendship. I have encouraged him to join societies etc to meet new people or speak to a councillor but he won't. I have literally given him all the advice I can and he is getting no better. What can I do? The girl refuses to speak to him but i don't know what to do. When I told him to talk to other friends, he said they bored him and didn't interest him like she did.
anxiousdude23
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby morris mouse » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:48 am

Hello there, "anxiousdude23"

Firstly,it's great that your friend has someone, like you, to look out for
them.

I can understand why your friend got so close to his online friend.
Indeed,as you mentioned in your post,they've even met.

However.....

The advice that you gave him,is good & yet,sadly,he hasn't taken it.
You know,of course,that you can't force him too.....

He seems to have depression,which is only getting worse.

A visit to his doctor would be best.
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby captainf » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:13 pm

He probably feels taken advantage of. I mean it sounds like he treated her really nicely and then shes just dropped him. He effectively probably feels quite used, betrayed and hurt by her and this is whats probably causing him to feel quite low and depressed. Just be there for him and continue to be a good friend. He'll come out of it in time but hes probably wondering why she took him for a ride.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:19 pm

it is still early days and he may still be going through the emotions of lose.
as morris mouse said you can't force him to take advice but just be there for him
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Friends