To blow the whistle or not to blow the whistle.

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

to tell or not to tell?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:34 pm

Yes
50%
no
50%

Total votes : 2

Postby snail » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:51 pm

Hi and welcome to Problem Pages.

Can you just clarify, I assume this sister-in-law is your husband's sister, NOT your brother's wife? Because I think it makes a difference.
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MsMeldrew » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:41 pm

No.Dont tell. But tell her that you really find the situation upsetting and you disagree with it. Tell her you feel you cannot see her as a friend until she comes clean with all involved as you feel you are lying by not speaking up. Or is that not an option for you?
MsMeldrew
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby morris mouse » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:06 am

MsMeldrew wrote:No.Dont tell. But tell her that you really find the situation upsetting and you disagree with it. Tell her you feel you cannot see her as a friend until she comes clean with all involved as you feel you are lying by not speaking up.

I agree with "MsMeldrew"
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby fiftyone » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:16 pm

I go with MsMeldrew and Morrismouse on this one. She needs to understand the difficult position YOU are in as a result of HER actions.
fiftyone
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby snail » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:48 pm

Hmmm . . . it's a difficult one. If the ex was your brother I'd say your first loyalties lay with him, but that isn't the case here. I like Ms Meldrew's idea of saying to her that you're in a very difficult position and if she doesn't tell him, you will, but if she doesn't do anything about your ultimatum, you're no further forward.

Could you drop a very broad hint to him, like saying in a very significant voice "You never know, XXX may have MET SOMEONE ELSE" and look at him so he gets your meaning. Then when he asks just say "No, you must ask XXX about it". That way you've alerted him to the situation without telling everything.

Personally, if I feel someone is genuinely being treated badly by someone else, I think I would intervene if I could.
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: To blow the whistle or not to blow the whistle.

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:59 pm

thanks for updating us
as you say you are well out of it now let them get on with it
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Friends