HELP!!

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

HELP!!

Postby bex12 » Sat May 03, 2008 3:15 pm

I hav been friends with my mate for years now except she isnt the nicest person. if shes not showing off about her boat or how much her mum and dad earn she is having a go at me saying "no way would you be able to do this that and the other" she is really getting on my nerves and to top it off my parents dont like her. what do i do?????
bex12
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby HappyGoLucky » Sat May 03, 2008 5:25 pm

Doesn't she have other friends she could mix with? It must be quite annoying but she could actually be quite insecure. She could be trying to hide her insecurities by showing off her expensive possessions and all. Maybe she's afraid people would think that she wasn't good enough to be their friend if she didn't impress them.

It is quite difficult to put up with people like that, but I think you could just distance yourself a little and try making newer friends. Umm, correct if I'm wrong, lol.

Hope this helps. Take Care.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby No Guts, No Glory » Sun May 04, 2008 12:33 am

Hey,
I understand your situation . Had a friend who was almost like that, though she stopped a year ago.
She would be telling me her swimming pool is bigger than the school's, and she has a round water bed, and a pink bedroom...and such things. I think once she told me that her parents give her thousands a month :o

Anyway, later on, I found out that it was all fake. And realised it was proabably because she didn't have much friends and was trying to get attention.

Maybe she's afraid people would think that she wasn't good enough to be their friend if she didn't impress them.

Couldn't explain better myself. :D I agree with Happy!
Sometimes the best things in life are always messy
No Guts, No Glory
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: HELP!!

Postby retrochav » Sat May 10, 2008 8:53 pm

Ask yourself what you are getting from the friendship! If there is little left to bond you as mates, you may as well slowly drift away. If she questions why, then gently tell her how she makes you feel.

If there is more to the friendship and you dont want to loose her then ignore most of what she says. You can always state that whilst you think its great she has comfort and wealth as you would hate to see a friend in poverty - there is equal value in non material things. Thats long winded but you catch my drift.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby miaow » Wed May 14, 2008 4:26 pm

maybe have a word with her, see if its a front she is putting on in the hope of being accepted....explain how you feel see if she changes - hopefully she will.

If not, then its probably best to leave it..... and she needs to learn some manners!!

xxx
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Friends