drugs. need a rant.

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

drugs. need a rant.

Postby missy__ » Sat May 03, 2008 3:29 pm

Right well, this has been bothering me for some time, as the title suggests the problem involves copious amounts of drugs and all my friends.

Basically this started at the beginning of college back in September. At first everyone was just smoking weed. Now, weed I can cope with as it’s nothing compared to what they’re doing now. I used to two weeds every single day for about three or four months, to some people that might not seem like anything but it messed up college for me and played a key part for me dropping out.

Like I said, weed I can cope with and don’t mind doing, I’ve cut down a hell of a lot, I rarely do it these days as I’ve become bored of it and realised there’s better things to spend money on. However, my friends, they still do it every day and now they’ve even started doing Ketamine (similar to a local anaesthetic and can make you hallucinate if enough is taken), LSD, MDMA (ecstasy), 2CB (kind of like ecstasy and LSD mixed together), shrooms and in some cases coke.

Every time I hang around with those friends all the conversations relate to drugs and how mashed they were at some party, I don’t care about any of that stuff yet I can’t exactly tell them that because they’re my closest friends and have known them for a while. One of them, who is my oldest friends who once said she’d never pressure me into doing drugs has now started asking me over and over again to try them even when I say no she doesn’t get the hint. I’m only saying no because I don’t want to try the damn things and end up liking them which will result in me jumping up even more and spending money I don’t have just to get my fix.

I can’t escape the damn drugs scene and I don’t know what to do, if I lose those friends then being honest here, I won’t have that many left, literally all my best/closest friends have done some sort of drugs and are now hooked and I don’t know what to do. Where we used to hang around has become too dangerous now as some of the group I used to hang around with have been beaten up and now get death threats, police patrol that area now as it’s so risky.
I honestly don’t know how to cope with the whole thing anymore, I can’t really talk to my parents or sister or anyone like that about the problem as I’ll get into trouble for being involved in such businesses then my friends will get in trouble for having Class A & B drugs in their possession.

Argh… I don’t know what to do, I’m scared of someone having an overdose as I know two people who already have in the past but then I think it’ll be their fault if such a thing does happen…

Don’t mind if nobody comments on this, I just needed a rant.

edited by all_apologies: no swearing!
missy__
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby captainf » Sun May 04, 2008 1:18 am

If I was you i'd do the right thing and stop using drugs all together. The Weed caused you to drop out of college so its clear it had a major negative effect on you. All drugs are stupid and its pretty bad to even try because its obvious they're dangerous.

You've only got one real solution and thats to 1) give up the weed completely and lookforward to a life drug free 2) Once you've given up the drugs completely take up a new hobby (something artistic maybe?) or go back to college where you can make new friends and people who dont mess around with drugs.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby missy__ » Sun May 04, 2008 3:31 pm

weed isn't the only reason why i dropped out and i am going back to college to continue with art.

and yeah drugs are stupid which is why ive never tried anything other than weed, i don't want to ruin my future but the problem isn't really about ME and drugs it's about my friends.
missy__
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby snail » Sun May 04, 2008 8:52 pm

I don't really see how you can get out of this situation unless you lose this whole group of friends, and get some others. I know how hard this must be if they are your oldest friends, but what is the alternative? If you stay with them things will just carry on like they are now. Given the stuff they're messing with, sooner or later something very bad will happen, and it might involve you. When you're young you don't really appreciate how nasty some of the long-term effects of drugs can be. I also don't think much of your oldest friend if she's pressurizing you to take drugs.

Start making new friends, now. Get out of this, it's in your best interests.
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HappyGoLucky » Mon May 05, 2008 12:07 am

I agree with snail. As much as you want them to stop, only they can decide to stop taking drugs. For your own safety, I don't think you should continue hanging out with this group of friends. It's difficult, I know but you have yourself to think of too. Hopefully your friends will realize how unhealthy these drugs really are in the future. When you're back at college, concentrate on making new friends.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bel Bel » Wed May 07, 2008 12:38 pm

I agree with snail
Get out there and start making new friends
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby BaronGreenback » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:54 pm

Are all of the group dead set on continuing with it? Maybe some of them are feeling the same as you but dont want to lose the group of freinds as well. Maybe, find some of the group you are closest with and try and gage if any of them feel the same way. You never know, some of them could be in the exact same situation as yourself and are also looking for a route out which would make it easier for the both of you

It will be a difficult thing to judge i know, but worth a try surley?

Hope it turns out ok for you.
BaronGreenback
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby xk8x » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:16 pm

i've been in this situation. all you can do is say to them you're worried about them and that you dont want to see them get hurt or into any trouble. thing is, i dont think anything you do can stop someone doing drugs unless they want to or see how much it is hurting and affecting you.

like you said, its a scene and one day they'll grow up and get away from it
xk8x
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby retrochav » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:31 am

I have similar experiances to you - nearly all my mates do drugs. I firmly state that i never want to try drugs, and openly say that i am frightened of doing them.

That said, my mates respect my decision and i respect theirs. Anyone who tries to push you into taking drugs isnt much of a mate. We all have choices in life, and whilst i totally congratulate you for being individual and having confidence to say no, we have to also respect the decisions of others - however misguided it may be.

I would suggest that you talk to FRANK, who offer good advice about drugs. It would be advisable to know what to do if one of your mates overdoses as it could save a life. Tell mates you need to stay sober to protect them if things go wrong - after all how could you help a mate if you are tripping out yourself!
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:14 pm

I used to go raving with my frineds and brother and all of them did copious amounts of drugs and I still out danced them all and I could get to sleep once I got home whilst they all sat up to the middle of the next day craning their jaws and looking mashed.
Then next day while they were all out of it I could get on with shopping and having a life whilst they all slept it off or had serious come down.
The day after that they all had spots and lank hair and I looked fine
I was never jealous and they never tried to force me into anything
In fact I loved being a STRAIGHT raver because it made me different from the rest of the crowd and proved you didn't need drugs to have a good time, it was cheaper too
Be proud you have decided your ready to give it up and don't let anyone tell you any different. Most of them will come to the same decision soon enough. A few may never turn their back on the drugs but just be who you need to be
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rufio89 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:55 pm

I was in the same position as you.

Nearly all of my friends used to do drugs, and gradually I phased myself out of the group and made new friends. (I dont find making new friends easy by the way, this was a MASSIVE thing for me). Anyway, as we've got older, the old group of friends have mostly got bored of taking drugs all the time, and I'm mananged to put myself back in the group.

Talk to them, maybe they'll understand that you dont want to do it and you dont want to hear about it ALL the time.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Friends