Unsure Friend

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Unsure Friend

Postby LemonJuice87 » Mon May 05, 2008 11:40 am

My best friend came back from a weekend away this morning. She phoned me in a panic and I couldn't really answer her because I am unsure of the answer myself.

Basically she had sex a few times over the weekend. Friday night/morning, Saturday morning and last night. She needs the morning after pill, and is aware of the 72 hour rule. But does that apply from when she first had sex? Or from the last time? I'm under the impression it's the first time, so tonight is her deadline?

Thanks in advance, and if this inappropriate please delete it.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Pwif » Mon May 05, 2008 1:44 pm

Please tell your friend to take action immediately (ie TODAY), if she doesn't want an unwanted pregnancy and all the repercussions from that.

There are plenty of topics on PP on where to get the Morning After Pill, so just do a search.

Here is one relevant thread:

Morning After Pill

Also please advise your friend to use contraception next time. The lad can walk away from his responsibilities; she will find it harder to do so. (Unfair but true)
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby lilessexgal » Mon May 05, 2008 4:57 pm

she needs to take it now. she would of needed it from the first time she had sex.

did she not think of protection?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby LemonJuice87 » Tue May 06, 2008 10:36 am

I asked her the same thing about protection. She managed to get to a chemist and took the MAP early yesterday afternoon. So all being well she should be alright.

I think she may have been drunk or it was a spur of the moment thing, but it still doesnt explain why she didnt use protection the next couple of times.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lilessexgal » Tue May 06, 2008 2:01 pm

ok well im glad she got there in time. well lets hope it was in time.

but just tell your friend to be more careful.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby spacegirl » Sun May 18, 2008 11:34 pm

hopefully your friend will have gotten in there in time, the m.a.p. is most effective when taken within 24 hours, even then it's only 90% effective when taken within 24 hours never mind 72! maybe you should have a chat with your friend about contraception, or take her to a family planning clinic, it's very dangerous to start thinking that the morning after pill can be used as a method of contraception, and it doesn't protect against STDs!
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby LemonJuice87 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:31 am

All is well in that department. The MAP worked and she is fine.

I do think having a chat with her would be a good idea, you'd think at 21 years old we wouldnt need the talk about the birds and the bee's lmao.

Thanks for your help guys. xx

LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby spacegirl » Mon May 19, 2008 1:21 pm

i know, you'd think! i had to make an appointment at the fpc for a friend of mine (23) who kept having sex with guys she'd just met without using anything!!!! probably not my place but i didn't care, better an angry friend than a pregnant, or worse, friend!
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Friends