I Think Im Falling For My Best Friend..

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I Think Im Falling For My Best Friend..

Postby lovingyou37 » Wed May 21, 2008 1:27 am

hi everyone, i was just wondering if you could give me some advice on this situation.
Ive known my best friend since we started school at four years old, but we've only become close in the last couple of years. We are completely inseperable, see each other every day and up until the last couple of months, ive seen him like a brother. He is one of the most important people in my life and i dont know what i would do without him.
Ive been let down a lot by friends in the past, and i know he will never leave me and the friendship we've got is very strong. Im confused as to whether my feelings are simply strong love from a friendship point of view or whether my feelings go beyond that? i really dont know what to think.
Do i brush these feelings aside and carry on with life as it is, with this wonderful friendship? or could he be the one and i might get my fairytale ending?
we're going away together this summer and id really like to get everything into perspective so i can go and enjoy myself. i know it must be difficult to comment when you dont know either of us, but any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
lovingyou37
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Bel Bel » Wed May 21, 2008 11:30 am

You don't know if he feels the same so i wouldn't risk the friendship when you are not even sure yourself
Try to stop planning the future and let things happen naturally. If it's meant to be does it matter if it happes now or in a year??
Just stay as friends for now and enjoy his company
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Ogadai » Wed May 21, 2008 9:54 pm

i would just see how these things develop. i've got a friend who i have known since i practically started school, obviously she's a girl, and i do feel a sort of 'love' but it is friendship i know that. friends are always there for each other and so we both understand that, even now that i've moved i still keep contact with her but she lives her life i live mine.
all i'm trying to give you is an example, it's your decision whether you pursue this feeling further. you could mention this to your friend, i'm sure they'll understand and it shouldn't damage your friendship. or you could carry on and just regard it as a very close friendship, which it could possibly be.
Time. Time is an artificial construct. An arbitrary system based on the idea that events occur in a linear direction at all times. Always forward, never back. Is the concept of time correct? Is time relevant?
Ogadai
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lilessexgal » Thu May 22, 2008 3:32 pm

i agree instead of risking the relationship which could go either way see how things progress, you never know if he feels the same he might say something to you soon.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Steve1213284 » Mon May 26, 2008 3:01 pm

I think everybody knows the situation in which you are currently in. From my point of view I wouldn't "sacrifice" the friendship over love. You don'T know how he feels and a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. :)
Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose. - Tom Krause
Steve1213284
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby suck0sess » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:53 am

You say you've been let down in the past, don't make any moves based on the hope that you will be able to rely on him as a partner as well as you have as a friend.

I was always a better friend than boyfriend and when changing status would often not be as reliable, in each case I really do wish i stayed friends and got my thrills elsewhere.

Take it as it comes, if it all feels natural to be more than mates then go with it, you need to make mistakes in life as well.
suck0sess
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby New_Hat_Old_Boots » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:08 am

suck0sess wrote:Take it as it comes, if it all feels natural to be more than mates then go with it, you need to make mistakes in life as well.

I'd agree let this happen at its own speed and if in the future you do have a relationship and it works out GREAT! if it doesn't, better to regret the things you done and tried then than the 'what ifs'
New_Hat_Old_Boots
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Friends