i lied and was found out and now i'm confused

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

i lied and was found out and now i'm confused

Postby midgetgem07 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:34 pm

two of my mates (A + B) have fallen out, but A still thinks B likes her.
i had to go shopping to get birthday presents but B asked me not to invite A. but then A asked me if i wanted to go shopping that day, so i lied so not to hurt her feelings, saying i was going with other mates. then when i got home she rang me and asked how shopping went and i said fine. 5 minutes later i had a message saying "next time, just tell me you're going with B, cos lying makes it pathetic". 2 top it all off i had a missed call from B, and her dad picked up the phone and when he gave it to her he said "oh, you can tell her how angry we are with her" and it turns out B told her parents she would be home by 4.30 and it was 8. i didn't know about this, is it my fault?! but now i don't know what to do cos i apologised to A and she just said "uh huh bye" and logged off.
how do i patch things up with A (and B's parents)?
MG07 xxx
midgetgem07
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby misskrystal » Wed May 28, 2008 10:16 am

I don't really see where you lied. You said you were going with other friends, which is exactly what you did. You don't have to inform your friends of every move you make, just because they've fallen out. If you apologise, it should be for inadvertently hurting her feelings, not for doing something she didn't like.

As for your other friends Dad being angry with you, some parents will blame anyone else, rather than admit their child did something wrong. She lied and, instead of punishing her, they'll blame you. I'd avoid spending too much time at their house, as you'll most likely get into trouble for everything she does wrong (especially if your friend puts the blame on you too).
misskrystal
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Wed May 28, 2008 11:41 am

Miss Krystal si right
B has a mind of her own and if she knew she had to be home by 4.30 that is her responsibility not yours, You hardly tied her to a chair and refused to let her leave
A is hurt and if you lied about which friends I can see why. Tell her you are sorry and you didn't want to hurt her feelings but you and B had made plans to go shopping alone and next time you will just be honest with her
Why do A and B not get on exactly. Is it something that can be sorted out?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby all_apologies » Wed May 28, 2008 12:31 pm

Can you not explain to the friend who is annoyed at you that you have to divide your time between the two of them? It's not your fault they've fallen out, so they'll just have to deal with the fact that you see them both separately. In the future, don't let one or the other make you lie for them. If they don't want to see each other, tell them it's up to them to sort out their own issues and you don't see why you should have to be dishonest just to go and meet with one of them.

As for the parent thing, it'll pass. You know how it is, if you do something wrong and your parents are annoyed, it's easy to blame someone else rather than take the grief. If her parents really do get angry with you, ask your friend to tell them the truth (or tell them yourself... "I didn't realise she had to be home early"). I'd imagine nothing will come of it, though.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

thanks

Postby midgetgem07 » Wed May 28, 2008 2:09 pm

i tried apologising to A, haven't got a reply yet. thankyou for your help :)
midgetgem07
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Friends