Brash Mate

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Brash Mate

Postby miaow » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:44 am

I've got couple of issues relating to a mate and wld appreciate other ppls views. I will bullet point to save it being like war and peace.

both got a last minute deal to go away together 2 wks ago to ibiza and I paid for it on my card; she blocked her pin abroad so I lent her money from card for spending whilst there. She will pay me back (!) so thats ok. Whilst there we had massive arguement and I just want to give her a wide berth but feel I cant until she's given me the money - which she will

She is v pretty and gets lots of male attention, she sometimes puts men before her mates esp on nites out which has left her with me being her only friend, when there use to be group of us. Annoys me sometimes if I am stood by myself whilst she is chattin someone up

She was with her boyf (of 3yrs) until about 6wk ago, when she met someone else and started sleeping with him and being with him 24/7, without finishing with ex. Ex saw her and she said she was just having tea with him so ex wanted some space to get his head around it and see if they could carry on together ... in meantime she carried on seeing new bloke, who was fully aware of her ex and situation but is such a wet lettuce ( I love you after 1st night, trying to give her spare key to house after 1st week, generally being like a rash all over her)
The new bloke aparantley dumped his fiance for my mate, which she doesnt know, and he is very obsessive and impulsive and generally wierd; this is his general track record. She on other hand has basically used him to occupy her time whilst she's had this break from her ex, and also for money and lifts in his car places
Ex had seen her again with new bloke so realised what had been going on and dumped her.
Me, my bloke, her and her new bloke all went for meal at wkend into town, bumped into some lads we met on holiday - said hi and then carried on to another bar. Me and my bloke went home, she and her bloke stayed out.
Next morning, found out from her she'd told her bloke she was going toilet, did runner to meet holiday blokes, and stayed with them all night. (actually think she'd slept with one of them)
She's been texting the new bloke (that she did runner from ) saying sorry wont happen again, knowing him he'll forgive her by wkend, but she tells me she has told him to get lost and is puttin on this act? Then she goes round to original blokes house unannounced to patch things up and text me sayin he was really arrogant with me? (i'm not surprised) think she is now getting desperate thinking no one wants her. also found out she owes the newer bloke a pile of money as well.....
I can see why she has lost so many friends, and I will probably keep in touch but only now and again with her, but she is seriously doing my head in! Just want my money and to have a break from her!

anyone had experiences of anything similar - or any views from a 3rd party perspective?
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:45 pm

Well it sounds like you've been too good a mate up to now

I know I will sound a bit harsh but you knew what she was like so why did you agree to go on holiday with her?

Can you e mail/text her and give her you bank details and tell her to let you know everytime she has made a payment into your account or ask her what day of the month she is going to pay and if it will be a regular amount - either way you are keeping the money a seperate issue. You could even put in same message that you are really busy at moment and will catch up eventually - sort of pre warning her you won't be about for a while

Don't get involved in her love life it sounds a mess and let her deal without herself
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby miaow » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:17 pm

Hi,

We've been on holiday before and had great time, and in our usual environment of just going out at wkends we get on great. However, i now feel like its all in overkill as i've seen so much of her.

On the bloke front, she always flirted but never went any further...until she decided after 3yrs to cheat on her bloke (few wks back) ...then its like she's done it and at the time was getting away with it so was doing it even more (if that makes sense), and its like she has lost her self respect and is having a mid life crisis. I dont know.......i think i just need time out, and i will have time out.

The money - i will get it, but its like psychological baggage until i do actually have it in my hand. If she doesnt have the money come next week then yes, she is going to have to transfer it onto her own credit card.

You think you know someone...when really you dont know them at all!!

:o
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Friends