Worried ahout a friend

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Worried ahout a friend

Postby Apepper » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:35 pm

My friend recommended that I post on here are they have used it in the past. Anyway I wondered if anyone can help my friend (another one) always falls in love really fast and has been hurt in the past because of this, this time she has got engaged to a man after about a week, I am really worried about this cause I don't want her to get hurt, he does seem like a nice bloke but it all seems a bit fast to me. She asks me am I happy for her but I would be more happy if they had waited, they are planning to get married asap. I mean they could just know that they are the ones maybe I am being overprotective.
Apepper
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby miaow » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:13 pm

crikey - a week! Some people say love at first sight happens, others disagree. All you can do is tell you friend how you feel and that you are concerned and its because you care for her.

At the end of the day decision is hers and all we can do give advice before they make the decision. They could break up before they get up the aisle, you just never know.

What do her parents think about it??
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Apepper » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:44 pm

I don't think they are to happy about it but there is not a lot they can do about it because she is very headstrong when she is in love and she is in her late 20's so they can't really tell her that she is to young either.
I would have been less worried if she hadn't been telling me that she had found the love of her life 2 months ago and she was gutted when he dropped her. I think I will have to have a chat with her, but I don't want her to feel if I say I have a worries about it she can't come to me if it all goes wrong I would never say I told you so. (not that I am hoping for this I want her to be happy)

Forgot to add she talked about marrying the guy that dumped her and they we close to getting engaged but then it all went wrong
Apepper
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby miaow » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:13 pm

Yep, all you can do is tell her what you think. In the end you cant actually stop her.....she may be making a mistake - or she could be happily married for rest of her life to this man. She is old enough to take the consquences.

:)
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:41 am

Dont tell your friend "completely" what you think! Just tell her you think its a bit quick and if she ever wants to talk about it then you are the person to do it. Tell her you really do hope it works out for her and that you are rooting for her but just tell her to be careful etc...
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Beckie » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:40 pm

i can see why you're worried. Just tell her that relationships are always perfect at the start, but only time will reveal if its lasting! When she really thinks about it she probably knows she's being hasty, but if she's used to having her heart broken she will probs be too caught up in her relationship to think rationally. Just suggest gently that maybe its the idea of a happy ending that she is in love with, and that she needs to be sure she isn't basing her decision on that alone.. in the end though, its true what miaow said: you can't stop her you can only offer your advice! Divorce later on is always an option so don't worry too much, and just remember.. even if it turns out to be a mistake, it doesn't have to be a permenant one.

<3
Beckie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby HappyGoLucky » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:45 pm

Wow! A week is really quick! Sounds like it'll be a bit tough as you said she can be headstrong. I'd say gently point out that you think it's a little quick to be rushing into things. Maybe she'll take it in and maybe she wouldn't but at the end of the day, the decision is her's alone. All you can do is generally support her.

Sorry if this doesn't help that much, lol. Good luck with it!
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Friends