Betrayed by what i thought was a best friend

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Betrayed by what i thought was a best friend

Postby Matpunklod » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:35 pm

My girlfriend and i have split up loads of times
and we have now just found out our friend was the cause of
it. she hacked into my girlfriends account nd sayed harsh
things about me to other people then got the other
people to tell me and that caused us to break up.
she has also been tryin to get my girlfriend interested in other guys.

What can we do about her? she has loads
of friends who will back her up in an argument and also she is good at making people believe things which arnt true. Help please?
Matpunklod
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby all_apologies » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:41 pm

If both you and your girlfriend are aware that it was this girl who was the cause of your troubles, then you should just both take heed and move on from her. I'd suggest you ignore anything that originates on messenger (or whatever account you're talking about) and cut off your friendship from her. You don't need to prove anything to the rest of her friends; it's up to them to decide whether they want to continue being friends with her.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby all_apologies » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:58 pm

The Jammy Witch wrote:This is what you should do:

tell the 'friend' to back off and sort her own issues out that makes her feel the need to interfere, and don't give her the time of day again. No matter how tempting it may be, ignore her attempts to bring you down, and she'll likely look elsewhere for drama ('cause she's small minded and childish).

Then, work on your relationship so that you have more of a real life rapport with your girlfriend - something that can't be damaged by any online banter or computer hacking.

Communicate!

In real life, not MSN.

That is all.

Quoted from your duplicate thread in girlfriends & boyfriends. Please stick to one thread per problem.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:58 pm

once she realises you are no longer allowing her top interfere becasue you ar ignoring her she will mocve on to other people
It won't take long for others to realise what a nasty piece of work she is
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: Betrayed by what i thought was a best friend

Postby retrochav » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:06 pm

People like this "best friend" feed on the reaction of people. They love the drama of it all.

The way to really get to these people is to starve them of drama and audience. Go quietly about your relationship, ensuring that no one in the cyber circle or anyone else with connections gets to hear what is going on. Freeze out this "best friend" she can simply be told that you both need time out to resolve relationship issues.

I have to doubt how popular this person is. Someone who has little else to do but hack computers and spread lies can hardly have a full social life. It is likely that these friends are mere aquaintences who would quickly be on the recieving end of lies and spiteful dramma if they got to close.

Play your cards close to your chest and this "best friend" will either be consummed with intrege or have to pester someone else - either way they cant get far without the inside knowledge neccessary to cause trouble
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby HappyGoLucky » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:16 am

Hey there, I agree with the others. This girl is just immature and just wants to get attention. Tell her to back off and mind her own business.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Friends