Best Friend & Fiance Don't Get Along

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Best Friend & Fiance Don't Get Along

Postby Baby_Brunette » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:17 am

I have been with my Fiance 2 1/2 years and we are having a baby together. I have known my friend about 8 years (we went to school with each other). My Fiance and friend don't get on, my Fiance hates the way she treats me, always letting me down, backstabbing etc but Ive known her so long I can't just ditch her. My Fiance is very protective and doesn't like seeing me upset so he gets annoyed when she's done something wrong, admittedly it is always happening but ive always been there for her. Anyway now he doesn't want her to have anything to do with our baby. What should I do?
Baby_Brunette
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:23 am

Well it sounds like your fiance has good reason not to like your friend
If she is always letting you down why do you feel the need to still be friends with her? Just becasue you have been friends for a long time doesn't make it ok for her to abuse you as a friend. Have you ever tried to talk to her about this beahviour. Do you have other friends, if no is this why you still are friends with her and let her treat you so badly. It would be better to make new friends who are decent friends than keep wasting time on this friend
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby HappyGoLucky » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:52 am

I agree with Bel Bel. I'd say try distancing yourself a little from her and go and make other friends. She doesn't sound like a very nice friend, to be honest and you do deserve better.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Friends