this might sound lame but...

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

this might sound lame but...

Postby Moxxy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:47 am

a few months ago i bought a festival ticket thats happening next weekend, although none of my friends were going. at the time i figured that might change or if not i could just sell it.

problem is, the festival is rolling round and i don't have anybody to go with and you can't exactly go on your own. i know its only a weekend but i feel really disappointed as the line up is amazing. ive been ignoring that my friends don't really want to do things that i suggest doing (e.g. travelling, going to festivals) for a while now, and i feel isolated. don't get me wrong, i've got some great friends, its just when im with them i often feel alone.

im probably making a big deal out of something small, but this just feels weird to me as im a pretty outgoing person and have never experienced feeling like this before. has anybody else felt the same?

any reply will be appreciated, even if you tell me im being silly :-)
Moxxy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby rufio89 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:43 am

I think how you feel is completely understandable, although I do think it's a bit silly to buy a ticket for a festival and have no-one to go with!

If I were you, I'd ask around, see if there's anyone local that's going to the festival, and see if you can maybe tag along with them. You could even consider going on your own (depending on how old you are), you're bound to meet lots of people there!

You should talk to your friends about how you're feeling though, they could put in more of an effort to do the things you want to do. Going travelling might be a bit much, but drag them to a festival or 2!

You might have to make another group of friends who you can do things like that with though!

Good luck.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Ogadai » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:52 pm

that's always a good idea!

because i've moved recently i've had to make a whole new bunch of friends so what's happened is i go out with them whilst my other friends i mainly see just at school, it's quite a common thing really.
Time. Time is an artificial construct. An arbitrary system based on the idea that events occur in a linear direction at all times. Always forward, never back. Is the concept of time correct? Is time relevant?
Ogadai
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:00 pm

post a note on your my space askig if anyone else is going and see if you get any repsonses
as ruth says if your old enough go on your own, festivales are full of people who like making new friends and if you outgoing you'll have no trouble
then next festival you'll have new friends to go with
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby bellajennie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:33 pm

as bel bel suggests, myspace could work. Or check out facebook and see if there are any groups for this year's festivals and you could post a discussion to see if anyone is going from your area.
The World is Your Oyster - If only you could get the damn thing open!
bellajennie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Liquidius » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:32 pm

Yep, I agree with the others! You might even make some new friends, and when the next festival comes around, you won't be stuck for people to go with :)
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Friends