my friend and ex..

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

my friend and ex..

Postby Parawhore__x » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:58 pm

okay.. well when i first got together with my ex boyfriend, my best friend started to get really friendly with him after a concert we went to.
i didnt mind it, because i knew my best friend wudnt take him away from me. but it started to get abit awkward when she used to stick up for him in everything. id moan about how much he has changed and her reply wud be 'he hasnt changed. his just grown up.'
she even admitted tht she sticks up for him and tht sometimes he is a idiot.
after me and him split she was constantly tryin to get us back together. i was really upset and still am about the break up.. i was tryin to get over it but its liek she wont let me. she keeps sayin tht i shudnt give up, and talking about when we are older and how we will get a big house etc.
i just dont understand why she wants me and him to get back together so badly..
people have told me to get over him and that he isnt worth it, but then my best friend is tellin me something different and telling me not to. its hard enough for me to try and figure out whos advice im going to take.
does anyone know why she might be doing this?
would really appriciate some help and what you think i shud do. x
Parawhore__x
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Millenia » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:44 pm

Hey hun,

firstly, how old are you?

If you are in your early teens then maybe she does have a sort of crush on him but the only way to see him is you two being together?

How long were you two together? I doubt it was long enough for your friend to put thoughts into your head about buying a house into the future.

You need to know what you want. He is your ex for a reason. If he didn't treat you right then you deserve better hun.

Find someone else and ignore what your friend is saying. If you care about your friend tell her you value her opinion but your happier without him and then ask for the subject to be dropped.
Millenia
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Parawhore__x » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:56 am

thanks. (:
yea im in my teens. and when she was tlkin bout 'the housee' i know she was joking but she made it seem as if it cud happen /:
and we were together for 7 months.
all my other friends have sed tht they think she has a crush on him and always has done, but she has got a boyfriend and she seems to get on with him really well. so i dont know.
maybe i shud just tell her straight out for the best /:
thank you for your help x
Parawhore__x
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Liquidius » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:25 pm

I don't think you really need to tell her anything, I think you just need to make it clear to her that this is your decision.

It my be that she does have a crush on him, but then she might just be looking out for you. Perhaps she just wants to see you happy, like you were when you were with him?

Either way, it's not her decision what you do, or anyone elses, it's yours. :)
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:36 am

i agree with liquidus if you don't want to be with him tell your friend enough is enough now you ahve made your decision and you want to move on so tell her to stop talking about him
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby HappyGoLucky » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:57 am

Tell your friend you appreciate her concern but you've decided to move on already.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Friends