Betrayed by a friend over a lad

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Betrayed by a friend over a lad

Postby KellyG17 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:41 pm

I have been best mates with my friend for about 5 years. We went to a house party and this lad i have liked for 2 years was there and she said to me she would set us up. This was the first time she had met him, and i noticed they had been flirting and stuff. Then i saw them kissing. What shall i do, she knows that i know and she said it was a drunken mistake but i hurt!
please reply xxx
KellyG17
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Ogadai » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:23 pm

It depends how trustworthy you find your best mate, maybe it was just a drunken mistake, it's not as though its not impossible. especially if you told her that you liked him then i highly doubt she would betray you.
Time. Time is an artificial construct. An arbitrary system based on the idea that events occur in a linear direction at all times. Always forward, never back. Is the concept of time correct? Is time relevant?
Ogadai
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Betrayed by a friend over a lad

Postby retrochav » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:31 pm

This isnt an easy one, because i remeber being so hurt when this happened to me years ago. It feels hurtful when a friend catches the eye of the bloke you long to have as a boyf. You would think a friend would have more regard for your feelings and resist the temptation.

Yet, just as we cant switch off feelings when they dont suit - we cant help the spell of mutual attractions, no matter how fatal in the wider world.

If you can say that your friend has never behaved this way before, doesnt seem competetive with you over lads, image etc. then i would put it down to experiance and continue the friendship. Five years is a long time it would be a shame to loose a close friend due to someone who may or may not have such staying power.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bexxii » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:51 pm

I think it would be a shame to throw away such a valuable friendship over a boy, although if your friend often acts like this then maybe she isnt a good friend at all.

Think about things, and if she constantly acts like this then tell her you don't think your friendship shares mutual appreciation!

If it was just a one off then try and carry on as normal, I'm sure your friend regrets her actions!

Good Luck :lol:
Bexxii
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Betrayed by a friend over a lad

Postby KellyG17 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:45 pm

Thankyou for your replies. I have tried to forget about what happened and due to your comments and my own decision, I have forgiven her under the conditions she doesn't do it again! Thanks once again:) x
KellyG17
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Friends