feeling out of place in college

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

feeling out of place in college

Postby drizzle13 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:09 pm

hey guys

basically the story is this, bein in college a year and a half now and in general my course is great, really like wat i am learning.
but last semester one of the girls from my group of mates in the course started acting weird, i just assumed it was nerves about competitions coming up{she is a great runner} and left her to it. during the summer i tried to re establish contact but she never wrote bak once, even tho i knew she was in contact with the other girls. i decided it wasnt worth it and left her to her own devices. since we have gone bak this semester the other girls in the group have started acting the same way, distant and like it is a bother to hang out wit me. i am friendy with every1 in our class and if i stop to talk to one of the other people in our course or something, they will walk off and leave me and while i am friendly with every1 our year is still very divided into cliques. i think it is so rude to walk off like that or act the way they are and it is something i would never do to a person. i was brought up to believe in respecting people and doing right by them. now when i express my anger and hurt at their behaviour to my mom she says its just the way people are in the real world and i need to toughen up.
their behaviour is makin me miserable, wat should i do?
drizzle13
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby morris mouse » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:32 pm

Hello there,"drizzle13" & welcome to Problem Pages.

While I can recognize that you really do have problems,at college with friends,it's NOT you fault.

While it's their fault that they have a very bad attitude,you,also have done your very
best to solve the problem.

You see,the answer to your problem is that we can be friends with some and also drift apart with others.
That's what has happened to you,which is very normal.

You can choose your friends. So,to those who know that you're a great friend (stay with these) and forget the rest.
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: feeling out of place in college

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:17 pm

i wouldn't bother wasting your time on these immature, rude and direspectful girls
why would you wnat them as frineds when they ar treating you like this
you are obviously a really nice, well bought up girl so don't let them get you down
make differnet friends or stick with ones you know are nice
you can still be polite, don't stoop to their level but don't get involved so much with them
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: feeling out of place in college

Postby Tyro » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:21 pm

I agree drizzle13,

Even if it was something that you did (which I doubt very much so) they obviously weren’t good enough friends to confront you about. You could mention something and ask one of the girls in the group you get on best with. But this will only cause arguments and get them on the defensive. So it’s best to just leave them be. Continue to be polite and pleasant as you are doing.

Hey, consider this an opportunity to get close with another group of girls. You never know it could turn out to be the best thing that happened for you at college.

Tyro x
"Every man I meet is my superior in some way; in that I learn from him." –Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Tyro
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Friends