I cnt make friends any more...is it me?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I cnt make friends any more...is it me?

Postby evilmage » Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:38 pm

I dont understand why I cant make friends anymore. At school Im 1 of the most popular ppl in the class, but outta school I cant make friends wit any1.
I went 2 this summer course a couple of weeks bak, but I still didnt make friends well. I hardly talked 2 ne1 much, and when I did they jus ignored me practicallly.
Some of them are people that I met before but still hadnt made friends wit when Id met them at 1st. Its so annoying cause I have lots of friends at school and everything but not there.
One of the girls came up 2 me when I was sitting by myself, tho and started talking 2 me asking if I wasnt confident and stuff then she sed 'oh and ppl laugh at u so what? I mean jus tell them 2 go f*** themsleves! '
I didnt pick up on it at first, but now I start 2 think. Wer ppl laughing at me there? I didnt een notice, and normally I do. How can I make friends better? I have low self esteem & stuff but this makes it worse. please help me.
xXx evilmage xXx
evilmage
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby sovs » Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:49 pm

If you have got friends at school etc then im sure your not doing anything wrong.
Maybe all the people knew each other from elsewhere.
Ignore those who are mean, their not worth your time.
if you have low self esteem then maybe the people thought you were shying away and didnt want to make friends.

Hope your okay

Sovs :wink:
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby X_Smiler_X » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:08 pm

Your friends in school are probably the people you are more likey to stay in touch with when you leave, the people outside of school aren't there everyday where they can get to know you better.

Take no notice of other people, they are not worth it. Stick with the friends you have, other people don't deserve a word from your mouth.

Good luck!

K x
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby MelodyLinn » Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:36 pm

Hiya, you have friends at school & are one of the most popular. So you have nothing to worry about! The people in your class obviously know you & these people don't! Stay with your friends and act more confident...

Ignore these nasty people as they are not worth it.

Love,

MelodyLinn :roll:
MelodyLinn
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

friends... aaarrrgggyyypleurgh!

Postby Star_6_9 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:23 pm

Trust me, wherever you go you will always have friends. Dont forget the maxim that can be applied "quality over quantity". Even if you don't have lots of friends in every situation applicable to your life then its always possible to have one or two people to chat to, even if you don't want to be their mate. Then go home and see your real mates! It doesnt have to be an all or nothing situation! I never really got the obbsession with having mates- who's more popular blah blah! I feel most comfortable being by myself or with my bloke or a couple of people who's company I enjoy. I hate being part of the croud cos mob rule means loss of identity... but anyhoo...

If your aware of what was happening (ie being quiet and shy) then its no big jelly really?! Everyone is insecure, even the sexiest biggest busted bird with legs up to her fricking armpits or the macho damned fine bloke in the pub have insecurities of their own! No matter how intimidating these people are, go and talk to them, behind all the bravado they are just people.

To be completely honest who cares what snap decision a bunch of (very rude and obnoxious) strangers who didnt really give you the time of day made about you in two weeks. Its the people who know you well, and know what makes you you day in day out at school who really matter. After all which one is more qualified to make the real decision about your "likeability"?! Umm... pretty obvious if you ask me! At the end of the day all anyone needs is one or two close friends, but lets face it- you can never have too many!!!

Marz Starr :rainbow: PRIDE BABY!!!
Star_6_9
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby evilmage » Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:56 pm

Yeh but the thing is I think ive changed or something. I mean I made all those friends at school in like y7 and I havnt really had that much luck since.
I dunno..I feel confident at school because I know it and lots of people but outside you wouldnt think I am popular at all really! Its not that I change personality outside school just.. Im quieter.
If I try to make new friends at places now it normally doesnt really work out. Also I think it takes ppl ages to actually begin to like me!
Like I dunno they hate me then they love me! its weird! please help.
xXx evilmage xXx
evilmage
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Friends