She always puts me down

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

She always puts me down

Postby Xx_I_Luv_U_xX » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:32 pm

Ok, my best mate and i have a couple of other friends who are also best mates. me and one of them are in a similar position - our best mate always puts us down and bosses us about. we have both had a lot of trouble in previous friendships because we are always the ones who get bossed about. im so used to it i can see me and the other girl becoming best mates and my best mate and hers becoming mates too. my best mate is a lot cleverer than me but there is one thing i can do a lot better than her :D . i will not say who it is so as not to give away my identity. she is so JEALOUS because she is competitive and can't stand the fact i'm better. also i am alot more sociable than her so she is DEAD jealous of me. i am not competitive and can't stand her comparing herself to me! :evil: she is the best mate i have ever had though so whenever i confront her i hate it that she always goes off in a huff with me! i love her but i hate her! also if we do fall out she has a way of getting more people on her side - i am really nice and down to earth and funny. she has a very quick wit and puts on the whole im-so-confident-funny-and-witty act. this makes people go for her because i'm shy!! also she often tries to get people to laugh at me to make herself seem confident! she has such a quick wit and i can never FIND ANYTHING FUNNY OR WITTY ENOUGH TO SAY BACK. :oops: THIS WHOLE THING IS GETTING ME DOWN. I NEVER SHOW HER IT GETS TO ME BUT REALLY IT MAKES ME CRY!! :cry: Please could i have some advice?!! lol :lol: And if she is making me out to be stupid what can i say back to her to out-wit her? thankyou! Best wishes, Poppa xxxx :lol: :D

*Edited by Lorelei for TEXT TALK*
Xx_I_Luv_U_xX
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby XanaduChat » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:44 pm

hey,
i have struggled with a friend like this before,
you either love her or hate her - choose one,
if you love her more than you hate her then lump it till u leave school because her being confident and witty she wont change UNLESS you tell her what's going to change between you two or you're walking out of the friendship. In the middle of all of her friends tell her she is a control - freak and she isn't your mother but shes close to it - your mum has competition now! tell her she treats people like rubbish and you're fed up, tell her it's been good knowing her but bad too.
keep me posted - good luck

Xanada X

*Edited by Lorelei for TEXT TALK*
XanaduChat
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi

Postby Mjaries » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:17 pm

Hi :D
really in my opinion shes not a real friend and its time for u to move on BUT
obviously if she keeps comparing herself to you then obviously shes Jealous of you
i would say talk to her, ask her why shes doing it and how you two can get ova it.
If that does not work then its time for you to choose if ur gonna be mates or ur not im sure u have other mates who will stand by you

MJaries xx
P.s you are ur own person
Mjaries
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Fidel » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:39 pm

Use some quippish phrases, practise beforehand.

Example of "quippish phrase" removed by all_apologies
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby arwen » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:53 pm

Insecure people who put others down to make themselves feel better are utterly transparent. Anyone who is worth bothering about will see right through it and take no notice. Chances are she is inadvertently making you look better with her childishness.
Don't worry about it, just rise above it and know you are more mature than she is! She'll grow out of it eventually.
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Friends