Friend's weed addiction

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Friend's weed addiction

Postby Cas_andy » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:17 pm

My friend smokes a lot of weed. [-X some people consider it a problem but he condiders it a privelege. and hes poor so he never pays for the weed. he needs help. What can I do?

Written by chad
Høþë Ísñ't Müçh...ßüt Ìt's Äll Î Hãvë £êft
Cas_andy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Lorelei » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:11 am

Nothing, unfortunately.
It's very hard to help people who don't realise they have a problem.
Maybe you could try to alert his attention to the changes in his behaviour when he's been smoking and hope that, one day, he agrees with you.
I have friends who smoke too much weed too and I wish I knew how to help them!xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby smile » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:35 pm

Cas_Andy, if you provide some more information on the problem you friend is experiencing then maybe you might get a few more replies as people will find it easier to answer.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby puddin_pot » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:56 pm

the thing is most people wont stop because it isnt actually as dangerous as smoking cigarettes and it isnt illegal yet u are allowd enough on your person for 2 joints .... as long as its 'safe' no1 will stop my friends smoke 2 much weed and i used to but havent touched the stuff for almost a year as i want to be in the police and am hoping to join next year... u need 2 explain that altho it is not illegal and doesnt do that much damage it isnt well looked upon .. you say hes poor.... he needs a well paid job and employers know if you smoke 2 much as it has simular side effects as smoking....yellow teeth and fingers only worse. unfourtunately until police crack down on it theres nothng you can do let him get on with it ...ull find its mostly young ppl that do it ....we all grow up in the end
a smile a day keeps the knife at bay
puddin_pot
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Enigma » Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:32 pm

puddin_pot I don't think it is something that will be cracked down on, but rather going the opposite way.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Llisa » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:24 am

Enigma is right. I'm afraid it's officially legal to smoke pot whenever and where ever you want in Canada...and you're allowed to have 24 grams (milligrams?) in your possesion at a time...sad world...
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby smile » Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:56 pm

Really Llisa??? I don't think it's legal here, pretty sure it's still illegal. Let's hope it stays that way.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby misatok11 » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:19 pm

It it still illegal here. It is just a small amount on your person gets a warning thats all instead of being nicked.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:50 pm

With all the other serious crimes that need addressing there is a very relaxed approach to the consumption of cannabis.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Llisa » Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:46 pm

You don't think that all that goes on behind the scenes with drug dealings are serious crimes?
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:39 pm

Depends which drugs you're talking about.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Llisa » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:21 am

The drugs that cost people their lives in one way or another
HE has all the answers

Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby puddin_pot » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:25 pm

but weed cant really cost ppl their life in any way its not that expensive so its not like they r selling or doing whatever they have to 2 get it and it doesnt cause that much harm hence the relaxed approach to it.
a smile a day keeps the knife at bay
puddin_pot
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Llisa » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:04 pm

Drugs in general, however, do. Besides, what about health affects? But anyways, this is off topic and the real problem is being forgotten here.
HE has all the answers

Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby LoVe BuG » Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:50 pm

well i used 2 smoke alot of weed and it was gud but theres no problem wiv it and theres nothin u can do bout ur friend smokin it all u can do is hope he comes 2 his sences and realises gettin high and totally out ur head isnt all tht gud but the only reason i stopped was cuz all my friends fell out wiv me and told me tht if i didnt sort out my addiction i wud end up with no friends for the rest of my life and the only friend i had was my ex b/f who got me into weed, draw and stuff like tht in the 1st place
LoVe BuG
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Next

Return to Friends