close friend "gone off" me

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

close friend "gone off" me

Postby boulding » Fri May 30, 2014 5:20 pm

I have had a close friend for over 25 years. We used to work together and since then we have always stayed in touch, meeting up regularly, phoning at other times, having days out together etc. We have always confided in each other and she has been the most wonderful friend to me and I look on her as a sister. However in latter times something seems to have gone wrong. It's always me that phones her and I often feel it's not convenient.( I try not to phone more than once a month). If I phone and leave a message it takes her a week to get back. She's never that keen to meet up or if we do I feel she's just slotted me into half an hour. She sometimes gets aggressive with me and on one occasion accused me of making "cutting remarks" to people. I pleaded with her to tell me what I had said but all she said was "its more fun if you don't know". Once when I was at her house I was unfortunately taken ill. She was sympathetic to start with but then told me I had to leave. She said I was obviously too ill to drive myself (which I was) and she would drive me. She then wouldn't even take me to my front door but left me about a hundred yards away as she was in a hurry. When I next phoned her I just pretended it didn't happen. You may think I should just take the hint and accept the friendship's over but sometimes in between times she's alright with me. For example we had a pleasant morning in town last month when everything was normal. I feel confused, upset and angry. What should I do?
boulding
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: close friend "gone off" me

Postby miaow » Sat May 31, 2014 10:27 pm

Speak to her on the phone (people sometimes feel easier saying things over the phone rather than face to face) and directly ask if there is a problem and explain what you've said in your post. 25 years is too long a time for a friendship to go off the boil. If you have done something to cause upset she should tell you and it can be discussed and hopefully you can both move on from it, if not explain that she is being aggressive etc and ask her why.

Good luck x
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: close friend "gone off" me

Postby flashcampbell » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:35 pm

She doesn't sound very nice to be honest. I'd let her go. You're better off without her. I doubt you've done anything wrong at all and, if you have, well, look at the things she has done above - telling you it's fun to keep you guessing, dumping you several yards from your home when you are really ill! If it were a partner, he would be down for domestic abuse.
flashcampbell
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Friends