I think I'm falling in love with my best friend.....

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I think I'm falling in love with my best friend.....

Postby janey99uk » Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:06 pm

I've known my friend for about a year and a half and we get on really well. I never even considered him as a boyfriend until I had a dream about him in that sense. Ever since I haven't been able to get the idea out of my head....

I've recently moved away to university and keep travelling back as I miss him greatly. I'm supposed to be spending an academic year abroad next year also and its looking less likely because of this.

I've never really been in a relationship, I'm 18 and quite shy. I know some may suggest telling him but I'm worried about being rejected as my self esteem isn't exactly rocketing anyway...... Also the thought of losing him as a friend fills me with dread. I even got my friend to subtly ask him how he felt about me, but he kinda changed the subject..... He isn't involved with anyone, I even asked him if there was any women he was interested in at Uni, to which he replied no......

I'm driving myself nuts! I know i'll never tell him as I doubt i'd ever get the courage! But everyone I meet at university that asks me out I reply no to as they just don't live up to him.....

Any Advice? xxxx :(
janey99uk
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Llisa » Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:39 pm

I posted this exact same question about a month or so ago. I'm in the exact same predicament..although I have known my friend for my whole life.
Like you, I was terrified about ruining our friendship, so I have not yet said anything. If you want to be a traditionalist..I suggest letting nature run it's course...and let him approach you when he feels the time is right, and if he is interested in you. If he's shy, and you don't think he will tell you how he feels, bite the bullet and do it yourself. He might be the best thing that has ever happened to you and you don't want to loose that chance to be with him...if you don't, you may look back and regret not speaking up.
Good luck, and let us know how it goes!
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

OH NO

Postby kinky_kylie_aka_babes » Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:02 pm

no dont do it, it could ruin your relationship with your friend ive been friends with this lad for 4 years and i never knew how much he ment to me until he got a girlfriend. now i miss but only as a friend i wouldnt start anything more and now his got a girlfriend we HATE each other i cant stand him i think if i told him that he was a good friend thenwe still would have been mates.
''LIVE LIFE TO THE FULL AND sausage HAVE FUN''
kinky_kylie_aka_babes
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby depman » Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:17 am

If you both get on well you know how you feel He could be thinking the same thing and worrying about losing friendship he might feel something different and it would be a shame if theirs a potential good relationship here
Maybe you could spend some more time with your friend and see what happens
It sounds like you are both shy
and I bet your friend is thinking about you as well and maybe something more who knows maybe!
But be careful
Hopefully things work out for you
You both get on well so you never know
Good luck 8)
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby X_Smiler_X » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:57 pm

I've had a dream like that before - were perfectly good friends with me and I never considered them in "that way", until when I woke up, I suddenly thought more of them!

I'd be careful - I wouldn't want to sacrifice a friendship - see how it goes, if he shows signs he likes you, then tell him you like him.

Good luck
xx
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Friends