Alone

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Alone

Postby Paige34 » Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:42 pm

Me and my husband have just split up and a big problem for me is that I don't know any one around here.
let me begin my husband is in the R.A.F and we had just moved to a new area afew months ago so I haven't met anyone yet, the nearest proper town is 4 miles away.
I don't work as I have 2 small children.
I have no one to talk to person to person and no one to go out with, my neighbours are ok but they're quite abit older then me so we don't really speak.
I'm a friendly person and make friends quite easily if I get the chance.
At this moment in time I'm wanting to go out as I'm stuck at home all day.

the big problem is that you need friends to go out with but you need to go out to make friends.

:-?
Paige34
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Fidel » Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:07 pm

I think the problem may be solved if u start afresh and move to a more metropolitan environment
There u can meet new people
Try and get a good job and a child minder for the kids.
Join new groups
Meet a new partner?

The list is endless but it's time for u to make a new start

Vlad
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Paige34 » Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:40 pm

thanks for your reply Fidel.

I was actually looking for work before my husband and I split up, but there is no local childminders here and as I don't drive its hard for me to get my children to one.

I am hoping that me and my husband can work things out but if not I'm intending to move. Either to the main town near hear ( so my children can be close to their dad) or to Devon near my dad. where ever I move I intend to get work. What ever I decide on it'll take afew months to find a new home so I'm stuck until then.

Ive thought of joining the gym for areobics classes to make friends and get fit (bonus) or maybe a vacational night class at the college in town. but I've got to get a little bit of money together first as the buses only run till 7pm here and taxi costs a fourtune.

thanks again :)
Paige34
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Paige34 » Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:41 pm

and yes I'm hoping to learn to drive soon too.
It'll make things alot easier.
Paige34
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Lorelei » Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:38 pm

Sorry to hear about you and your husband.
I hope you work it out, if that's what you want.
If not, though, you definitely have the right idea about moving to a busier town. I'm sure it will improve things immensely for you.xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Friends