!!stuck!!

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

!!stuck!!

Postby shine » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:56 pm

wot shud i do. theres this guy and he told me he's been drinkin a lot but cos i'm friends with him i wunt to help. i don't know wot i shud tell him or do to help though. plz help xx
shine
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby cheese100 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:33 pm

He should not blame you for his drinkin habit!its unfair you need to talk to him tell him its not true and try to get to the real reason and support him through this.cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby shine » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:47 pm

no he's not blamin me i didn't mean that. its just he has no one else who will help him through this and i'd do anything for him. he's so young and i don't know how to help. he drinks bcos of problems in life such as his relationship.
shine
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby saz » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:58 pm

Well he is lucky that he has a friend who cares about him like you do. Just because you dont have all the answers dont beat yourself up over it, i am sure that you will be able to help him.

I dont know how old he is, but if he is at school then you could encourage him to confide in a teacher that he really trusts, and offer to go with him. You could look in the telephone book for your local Youth Group/Centre. These centres offer help and support to young people for all sorts of different things. Offer to go with him and they will help him with whatever he needs.

See if he wants to share his problems with you, and he might feel better once he has got things off his chest. Just be there for him and help him out. You could go as far as telling his parents but this might make things worse for now but you should encourage him to confide him them. You could suggest doing other activities to get him out the habit of drinking, like going to the pictures (where there is no alcohol), and have a bit of fun together.

Unfortunately drinking to deal with your problems is becoming more common but there is a lot of help out there. If you know where he gets the alcohol you could anonomously report the shop to the police for selling it if he is underage... but this is also an extreme measure.

Good luck i hope things get better soon.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby shine » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:08 pm

thanx for that advice. he has left school, hes 18, and is at college. we are going to the pics on saturday. saturday is the day most people drink and he wont be able to. i want things to get better for him.
shine
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sovs » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:22 pm

You seem like a wonderful friend, he's very lucky :wink:

Whats causing him to drink, because there has to be a underlying problem there for him to want to drink so much.
See if you can get him to open up and if he has a drinking problem thats gone far, see if you can get him to go to the doctors. But dont suggest this straight away or he may get put off.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Friends