Confusion, friendship or more?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Confusion, friendship or more?

Postby justin_luver » Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:09 pm

ok, well i DO have a bf at the minute and i love him to bits and dpnt want to loose him, HOWEVER when your me nothings that straight forward

there is this other lad, that i liked before i was with my boyfriend and my best mate asked him if he liked me and he said "dont take it as a no" i have started to like him more and more and my friends all say that he likes me, we did flirt alot but now i dont want to because i dont want to hurt my bf. thing is i cant help thinking, if i like my mate then cant like my bf as much as i think i do

i dont no how to stop liking my mate as i do want to because i dont want to ruin what i have with my bf, but the feeling that i might have missed out is still in my brain :-? :-? what can i do to get rid of this !!!
justin_luver
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby depman » Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:12 am

Either way you are going to upset the friendship between the two boys maybe its best to leave both of them alone
I think you need to concentrate on one boy not two
Its not fair on your BF if you are flirting behind his back and fancying someone else if he finds out it will hurt him
Sorry to be blunt :wink:
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby sweet sarah » Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:54 am

Either way you are going to upset the friendship between the two boys maybe its best to leave both of them alone
I think you need to concentrate on one boy not two
Its not fair on your BF if you are flirting behind his back and fancying someone else if he finds out it will hurt him
Sorry to be blunt

I agree in a way but i think you need to sort out your feelings fast!!!

Who do you want to be with?
Who do you love or "like" more?
It is a bad idea to have two on "the go" at the same time!

Maybe you "like" your mate because he feels the same about you! but you need to work out your feelings for both ASAP because this will only hurt everyone if you carry on what your doing! I'm sorry but i think you should break up with your lad until you work out your feeling, yes your lad will be upset but not as much upset as he would be WHEN he finds out cause he will find out!
Sarah x x
sweet sarah
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby saz » Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:42 pm

It is really flattering when you know that someone likes you, but it doesn't mean that you have to go out with them. You have no idea what a relationship would be like with this friend, so to dump your current boyfriend might be a big mistake that you really regret. So think about things carefully - if things are really good between you and your boyfriend then try and make a go of things. If things dont work out with your boyfriend then after a while you could see how things go with your friend.

It is the 'grass is always greener' syndrome, thinking that something will be better than what you already have.

It is possible to find someone else attractive when you are in a relationship but normally people dont do anything about it. I mean i find celebrities attractive but i wouldn't dump my boyfriend because of it. If you actually prefer your friends company to your boyfriend then i think you might be in the wrong relationship.

Dont go out with your boyfriend if you dont feel the same way he does, it isn't fair. The best thing for you to do is to be single for a while and then see who you like but if you do this you will probably lose your boyfriend for good.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby sweet sarah » Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:09 pm

I totally agree with Saz on that the
'grass is always greener'
and sometimes that isn't the case i just think that you should work out how you feel
Sarah x x
sweet sarah
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby cheese100 » Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:19 pm

hi, you have said you only like your friend and its not a crime to think of him but only on accaision just keep with your bfriend at least untill or if your feelings for the friends develop into more,because you need to be sure before you make decisions you may forget.cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby justin_luver » Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:22 pm

yeh i think it is the "grass is always greener on the other side" syndrome because i ALWAYS want what i cant have, i love my bf 2 bits and really want it to work out, thats why i dont like the fact i really like someone else

the thing is that my bf kind of knows that i like him and that he likes me, even though i deny it if he ever asks, see thing is on the day my current bf asked me out. i was going to try and get with my friend because we were flirting all day and our mates said we'd be good together, and my current bf heard about this, so he thinks i might run off with my mate. i wouldnt do that to him. thats why i want to get my feelings for my friend out of my head
justin_luver
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby saz » Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:25 pm

Well then do romantic things with your boyfriend, away from your group of friends. Go out places as a couple and do things.

When you see your male friend, just see him as a friend who has a crush on you! Dont tell him that just think it in your head like 'ah how sweet'. Try not to see all of his good points and none of his bad i am sure there are things about him that annoy you! For the time being dont spend time alone having in depth chats with your friend, this wont help the situation.

Good luck i hope things go ok.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby cheese100 » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:33 pm

Hi,just explain with your bfriend that you love him and concentrate on him to make him feel speical because its obious he may not be feeling to good.As for the feelings they will not go away that easy but you should not cut out your friend try to act normal around him so he doesnt feel shut out completely.cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby djct^ » Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:15 pm

lmao
djct^
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Enigma » Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:23 pm

What's funny?
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby djct^ » Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:57 pm

im her bf :(
djct^
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby djct^ » Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:30 pm

n im gutted. ennit. wut shuld i do?
djct^
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby LoVe BuG » Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:33 pm

I think you need to talk about it alot and you should spend some more time together and she should spend less time with her male friend but not completly blank him out
Ï'll ß §mïlïñg wëñ ï © ü, thë të䮧 wïll ñëvä §höw, ï kñö ï'll älwäÿ§ lövë ü, & ÿët ü'll ñëvä kñö
LoVe BuG
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby djct^ » Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:38 pm

Don't know what I should do, I don't want to lose her. I do have feelings for someone else, they live a long way away though and I have told her about this. I am 100% certain that I am not going to anything else with this other girl.

I'm just worried she is going to finish with me for this other guy.

Really annoyed, everything was great with her before I found this out. :(

Post edited by Enigma on 30 November 2003 mainly for profanity.
djct^
Just Landed
Just Landed

Next

Return to Friends