My best mate is the girl of my dreams!

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My best mate is the girl of my dreams!

Postby jfbooth123 » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:41 am

hi there! im a 18y/o male, who has known and bin close to my best mate for years.
my best mate (17y/o female) went to secondary school with me. we didnt even know each other until we started talkin in year9. at the end of year 9, we went out with each other for 4weeks.
ever since then, our relationship has done nothing but thrived. we have become really close friends. i often go to her house for tea, etc, she often comes to my house, we spend time wiv each other, just chattin (we can chat for england when we get going!), playin pool, getting drunk together, and just chillin and watching tv.
were both seen as family by each others family.
we always both make an effort to still see each other when weve got partners. except, she'll invite me along when her boyfriends are there and we'll all do stuff together, although i dont go all the time cause i feel like im intruding, but she neva wants to come along to anything when iv gota girlfriend.
in the past we've both had arguments with and split up with partners over there jealousy of our friendship. which makes me think that we've got something really special.
the only problem being is dat i still have feelings for her, i love her with all my heart, and every girlfriend i have, i compare them to my bestfriend, if they dont match up (which they neva do) then i know that i wont let myself get too close and i just wont feel 100% happy.
but how does my best friend feel? iv had certain members of my family telling me that they're just waitin for the day for me and my best friend to get married when we get older.
but i really cant tell how my best friend feels. i dont know what to do, i mean, i love my best friend to bits, both as a best friend and as the girl of my dreams, but my heart is tearing me apart, i really couldn't live my life competently without my best friend in it, but i love her and want to be with her? im so confused and scared, i odnt know what to do.
another factor is that every time that my best friend had boyfriends, shes not wanted anything to do with them after they split up, but yet, me and my best friend became so close after we split up. somebody, please help, id appreciate as many aspects and opinions on this matter as possible. thank you.
jfbooth123
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby lizzie.s. » Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:57 am

wow, thats quite a predicament! does she know how you feel? maybe you should talk to some of hers or your mates about how you feel. she obviously means the world to you and vice cersa, maybe she feels the same way as you do but doesnt want to say anything because she thinks it might ruin the friendship. you might also want to talk to her.
it makes you think doesn't it?
lizzie.s.
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Fidel » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:38 am

Thealmost exact thing happened with me and my current girlfriend. You have to tell her how you feel and I bet you any money (even although money is the root of evil) that she likes you back

It's out there man - go and get it

Vlad
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

ummm

Postby fallen Angel » Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:17 pm

Right,
I dont think u shud do anything about ur feeling 4 ur friend. I no this probably want 2 hear, but i went thru this with my cousin (she fancied our mate, who we grew up with) she made a move and it ruined their friendship.
If u want 2 keep her as a friend, please dont do anything about it.
I know ppl r gonna shout at me 4 this, but i bin there, dun that and got the t-shirt!!!!!
Love Jem xxxx
Oops!!! My halo's slipped!
fallen Angel
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby captainf » Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:45 am

Be true to her and just tell her what you're feeling. You can't go wrong. I mean, a really good sign that she likes you was when you said that she wouldn't go out with you anywhere when you wanted her to accompany you with your g/f. It was probably because she didn't like seeing you with another female.. you see, she probably didn't tell you that because you always accompanied her when she was with her b/f, hence making her believe that you didn't have any intimate feelings for her.

Just be honest! It sounds like you guys are good for eachother. You guys sound like partners already, but just saying "I love you" to eachother would just bring in the confirmation and make it official that you're a couple.

Fallen Angle, I understand what you're getting at, but not everyones relationships end in disaster. When some relationships fail, people still get on, and can remain best friends.

All the best

Captain Flynn
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Britgirl » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:30 pm

tell her how u feel. if u love her this much then u have to tell her. if she becomes distant when u get a gf it is obvious that she must feel for u. she is hinting jealousy. tell her or u mite regret not doing so one day hope this helps xxxxxx
I love the way you wear your hair i love the way you wear your clothes i love the way you wear your smile all through the day
Britgirl
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Friends