My best friend doesnt care at all

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My best friend doesnt care at all

Postby lipstick » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:55 pm

I just wanted to know your opinions on if I am over reacting or not?
When my best friend was single and so was I we used to go out all the time and spoke every day etc. I then started seeing this guy and obviously couldn't see her as much. But I made a real effort not to drop her and she often came out with me and my bloke and I always asked her if she would rather we went out just me and her etc. And he always made her feel really welcome etc. Anyway she started seeing someone and we now speak every now and then but not half as much as we used too.
Well I have split up with my bloke and she has not been there for me whatsoever. I told her about it friday at 3pm and she didn't bother ringing me until 10pm and all she could say was oh well never mind and he wont ever ring you oh and its not like it was serious! (3yrs is serious to me) she said she would ring me saturday she hasnt rung me at all! I know she is loved up now but if my supposed best friend had been dumped id be on the phone to her all the time, taking her out etc doing what I thought friends do! Is it me or is she being an awful friend she knows how upset I am and just says things like oh dont worry il come and see u sometimes oh cheers! just thought i may be over reacting?? You really find out who your real friends are at times like this!
lipstick
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby depman » Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:00 pm

No it is not you
You do find out who your real friends are
My supposed best friend was not there for me when I split up with my ex
In fact he got off with her on my birthday and then went out with her 5 minutes after we broke up
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby luvva » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:46 pm

I dont think your over reacting. If i was you I would just try and keep the friendship going but dont go out of your way, dont ring her all the time just once every week.

Well actually you should probably think if you do want to carry on your friendship with her, maybe she was just having a bad day the day that she phoned you and just wasn't in the mood to talk to you.

I can't really give that much advice on this! I would say just call her and tell her that you need to sort this out
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby butterfly_kisses » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:31 pm

Hey i'm kinda in the same situation of you. Unfortunally friends do tend yo abbandon their friends with they get into couples, it can be a lonely and depressing thing. I wish my friends would make the effort its sounds like u went into when you were going out wiv that guy. Well try and persue your relationship with your best friend but is she continues to choose her boyfriend over you then i think you shud talk to her about it, explain how you really feel, maybe she doesnt realise whats she's being like and this 'word' could change the whole situation xXx
butterfly_kisses
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby JennaXXX » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:13 pm

Friends come first way before boyfriends. It sounds like you made the effort to keep her involved in your life even when you had a boyfriend. If she cant do the same then I would definitely reconsider your friendship.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby SugarRainbows » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:27 pm

Maybe she doesnt realise and needs something to bring her back to reality, have you spoken to her about it? It sounds harsh but she might not realise and thinks youre ok with it because you havent said anything. Also it maybe that shes being like in her own world because something is bothering her and it might not just be thats shes being selfish and self centered, until you talk to her about it you wont know what it is so before you consider dumping her totally as a mate its worth talking to her first. Hope everything works out for the best :)
SugarRainbows
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Friends