My Best friend is meeting the girl I fancy..

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My Best friend is meeting the girl I fancy..

Postby irelandrocks » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:39 pm

Me and my best bud have know each other since we are 12. Alot of people say we are like twins because we spend so much time together!!
Recently I have started to fancy a girl that we know from our local pub. She has a great personality and talks to us everytime we are in the pub. I have told my friend how I feel about her but I could never pluck up the courage to aske her out.
The other nite she started to txt my friend telling him that she fancied "him" and would like to meet up. He told me about the txt's last nite. I was really devastated but I did not let my friend know how I felt. I told him I did'nt care if he wanted to meet up with her..( underneath It was eating me).
Today I got a txt from my friend at work saying he was going to the cinema tonite with her and he would call me during the week... I just feel so upset and let down at the moment. I don't know what to say to my friend, or should I say anything ????
irelandrocks
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby cheese100 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:50 pm

hi why dont you just tell your friend how you feel Im sure he will understand.It sounds like you have been through a lot together so why not this?Besides he did tell you about this which means he is thinking about you and didnt just keep it quiet so dont.cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby irelandrocks » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:05 pm

thanks for the reply cheese,, yes we have been through alot, . i think it is just the fact that we always do stuff together and i am afraid of losing that , but we have had girlfriends before and it did not really bother me, for some reason this does.. I will talk to him 2morrow and see how things went at the cinema.
irelandrocks
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Sparkle_Girl » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:14 pm

Hey :)
First of all i have to do the Mean horrible person n give you the Bad News first,So dont hate me ok!! lol

My words are - shes a woman!! there are plenty more ,trust me!
Second of all,You make out that u 2 r such good mates,if u are then surley you can talk to him and tell him how u feel? n if he is a good mate he'll respect you for that..
On the other side
If you REALLY like this girl tell your mate about what youve told us... again if hes a mate he'll understand that

so on the basic line - TALK TO HIM! lol sorry you need someone to put u in line :wink:

Sorry if i seem harsh in anyway - Hope it all goes well for you,
And remember .. a relationship will last for 2 minuets.. a friendship will last forever..

- Sparkle!! xxxx
Sparkle_Girl
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby irelandrocks » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:23 pm

Thanks for the reply sparkle,,,, I hear ya ! Im going to talk to him this evening but I am not going to tell him get rid of her or anything like that. I'll just tell him how I really felt when he told me. I think it was more of a shock to me than anything else. I had a good hard think about it and I have come to the the conclusion that she obviously likes him...., I'll leave them off and see how they go.
Thanks again. 8) 8)
irelandrocks
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Mr.L » Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:33 pm

I think that is very selfish. You may have branded her with the best mate stamp but you yourself said it was ok when it wasn't. You cant change time and if his your best mate why stop him form a chance of happiness. I dont like these responses and see it as very selfish to interferre with a situation like this. Is it his fault she likes him? Jealousy is a dangerous thing and by you doing this i think it will effect your friendhsip more than not. You said you were devastated but look, you siad it was ok and your friend being loyal and honest (like good friends) told you. Maybe if you said something then it would be different but now youve let him be interested in her and now you are disturbed by it. I think you shoudl think about him more and not yourself.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Llisa » Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:47 am

Eek..
Personally, I don't think you have any right to say anything to him.
It would look like you were coming across as completely jealous that some girl liked him better then you.
You should have said something to him when you first started liking her. All's fair in love in war hun...you're just gonna stir up a bunch of rattlers with that one!
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:27 am

It is a shame that you didn't have the courage to ask her out first. Now they are on the verge of going out, the best and nicest thing to do is just wish them luck and be happy for them. In time hopefully you will meet someone else and be happy for your friend who has found someone he likes.

There is no point losing a friendship or straining it over this girl, no point at all. Just try and learn from this and in future act on your feelings because if you dont, someone else always will wont they? Next time you see a nice girl you like you dont have much to lose asking her out.

Your friend might see you as jealous and will probably be upset that you weren't honest in the first place. This girl might not be the one for you but you would want your mate to be happy, so leave them be.

I do wish you luck. Have more faith in yourself and just go for it next time a nice girl comes your way.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Friends