I have a really arrogant pig-headed friend

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I have a really arrogant pig-headed friend

Postby bigforehead » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:08 pm

My friend has recently changed tryin to act like his new group of friends. He has gone from being someone who gets a*'s and was loved by all the teachers to someone who gets D's, the teachers think are disruptive and smokes.

Whenever i tell him he is being a idiot he tells me i am just jealous of his new circle of friends. I consider them to be my friends as well, but i dont muck (the most moderated form of the word) around to act like them. i told him this and he says they don't like me i ruin their image and they want me to stop hanging round with them (note one of the people in the group of friends he is hangin with told me they never said that). I am not the only one who think he is being a idiot, some of my other friends are also rapidly going off him.
Last edited by bigforehead on Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigforehead
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby saz » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:26 pm

This is awkward when this happens. Your friend is really trying to fit in with his new mates but they dont sound all that great if they are trying to tell him what to do and who to be mates with. He sounds pretty impressionable and if he chooses to follow their lead there isn't much you can do.

You have told him how you feel about it and if he considers image and behaving badly more important than loyal mates then leave him to realise he is making a mistake on his own. He will soon realise when his mates dont want to know how horrible he is being and then hopefully you can work on getting your friendship back again.

Sometimes it is best to let things take their natural course and not force things to go the way you want. He is free to go around with who he likes but he shouldn't be hurting peoples feelings. Concerntrate on your other friends for now and i hope things work out.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby bigforehead » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:54 pm

Thanks saz for all the advice. Is there anything I can help you with??
bigforehead
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Enigma » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:37 pm

If you want to help other members then you could browse the forums to find some topics that you can offer some advice for.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby woodyyear » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:19 pm

This happened to me at school. My friend at the time fell in with a `bad lot` and his school work went down. What we have to remember is we are all different and we don`t need to change to fit in. Like Saz says he sounds pretty impressionable. This is something he needs to sort out for himself, it`ll be ok.It`s all part of growing up.
woodyyear
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby cheese100 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:03 pm

hi
He shouldnt change for people by being a new person he is pushing others further away.As he is not exactly listening to you maybe you should get one of your others friends who agree with you to try to talk sense into him before he ruins his future.cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Flutegirl » Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:09 pm

Your friend has a lot of growing up to do. Isn't there anyone you can talk to and tell them that you're worried about your friend. Maybe tell a teacher or a parent that his behaviour is totally out of character and will ruin his life if he doesn't kick it into touch.

At the end of the day he has to choose to change you can only offer advice, but as he will peobably tell you it's his life. You have to concentrate on yourself and try not to fall into the same trap.

Good luck
FG
After all you put me through you'd think I'd depise you but in the end I'm gonna thank you cause you made me that much stronger
Flutegirl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby carolblake1973 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:10 pm

Let him make his own decisions. He's not going to change anything just because somebody else wants him to life his life differently. Just let nature take its course. It sounds like he has other concerns in his personal life and its pushing him into self-destructive behaviour. You can try and help him no those issues but dictating terms to him won't help anyone. As a friend be there fore him as a friend, not a parent. That's what friends are for.
:)
carolblake1973
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Friends