Old Friends

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Old Friends

Postby Deadman001 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:06 am

Ok here's the deal, for some reason i always end up in groups of friends, and very few of the friends carry over into the next one so i loose touch with them.

Last weekend i caught up with some old friends from a few years back which was fun, and it turned out that i missed some of them quite a bit, but some of the "Gang" i had problems with in the past and so we're not exactly friends and i don't really know where to go from here.

They said they wanted to keep in touch but i've never really been able to keep in contact with people. unless i think people do want to hear from me i tend to leave it.

i'm not what can be called a people person and i'm not all that confident but when i'm with friends, feel safe or have had a few drinks i'm ok.

Any advice on what to do now would be appreciated.
"I laugh in the face of danger, then i hide until it goes away" -> Xander

"Lay it down, I've always been with you
Hear me now, With all that's within you
Be my savior, And I'll be your downfall"
Deadman001
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby saz » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:25 pm

I also used to do this - be mates with groups of people and it often ended up that the whole group broke up and you didn't see them for ages. The thing is that you grow apart from people from previous years of your life and you may well not have a lot in common with them anymore anyway.

It is nice to have loads of different friends but you dont have to stay in constant contact with them all, maybe just the ones you really get on well with. Just arrange to go out for a drink with the ones you know best this doesn't mean that the whole gang has to come along.

As time goes on what happens is you seem to collect the odd friend here and there from groups and gangs, and you stay in touch with just them. I have friends from groups but i dont get on with their other friends so we are mates separately.

All you have to do is make the effort to send the odd text here and there, a quick call and meet up for a drink. You dont have to commit yourself to a full on friendship with everyone but keeping in touch is nice. Just be friendly, be yourself and hopefully everything will go ok.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby cheese100 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:27 pm

hi
try to contact the people that you have seen it will help if you get into habits early inorder to avoid this in the future cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Friends