My friends don't like me :(

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My friends don't like me :(

Postby charlie2003 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:19 pm

ok this is gonna sound really odd or sad (haven't decided yet) but I'm really getting the impresion that my so called mates don't like me.
It feels like I'm just there for when the have a problem. They call me up off load there problems then hang up and then I don't hear from them for ages after.
I'm not popular or anything and don't know many people but it would be soooooo nice to accually meet some people or even one person who wants to meet up and go out and have fun!
The only person who does this with me is my boyfriend but I'm in England and he's in Holland so we only see each other like once a month or so.
This is really getting me down and I've spoken to them and asked whats the deal and they always tell me there to busy but its funny they always have time to go and get them selfs into trouble with others to tell me and ask for advice later!
I'm so sick of being indoors all the time and I wish I had the confidence to go out and meet new people.
Am I really that bad at being a friend???
charlie2003
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sovs » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:31 pm

I went through this at school.
Mainly during the summer i would hear from my friend for weeks even when i was told she would ring me when she got in (and never did).
Then out of the blue she rings to ask if i wanted to go to the carnival but i couldnt as i was going out with a different mate and she was disappinted and saidshe hadtried two other people before me and they couldnt go which made me feel great!!!!!!!! :roll:

Some people dont realise how lucky they are to have a friend like you whos there for them and will listen to their troubles.
Tell your friend that you want her to involve you more in her life and go out more im sure she will realise she was in the wrong.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby im here to help » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:17 am

i agree they just dont know how lucky they are untill you dont take it anymore.

i myself am not a confindant person and spend most of my time with my family. In some ways i wish i had loads of friends but im getting used to having my 3 best mates. we dont see each other very much as we all have our own lives but we make the effort to at least write maybe you could try that. It works well for us. :)
im here to help
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby charlie2003 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:00 pm

Tryed speaking to them. One lives far away from me and she also has this boyfriend who doesn't like her seeing any of her mates anyway so I can understand that one. But the other one lives only a train ride away from me.
Everytime I talk to him after hes off loaded all his problems to me! I sugest I go down to she him we make arrangments but he always calls it off at the last minuet. Then gets a strop when I call him and ask whats going on.
Getting really fed up with it all and really feel like telling him to just not bother with me.
He txt me earler to see how I was but I haven't bothered to txt back.
Do you think thats childish? Or do you think I should let him do the running around for a bit?
charlie2003
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby smile » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:54 pm

Hi,

There's no reason why you should be doing all the running around. If you feel like the friendship with your friends is only a one way friendship then maybe it's time to get out there and make new friends! Join a club of some sort and you are likely to find someone who you have something in common with.

I'm sure you will find a nice bunch of friends who will treat you with the respect that you deserve.

Kind regards,

Smile
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Friends