why do i alway feel second best?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

why do i alway feel second best?

Postby daveshow » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:16 pm

i dont knwo why i get this feeling but i feel that my best mate will only talk to me if there is no one else there or use me as a back up so he doesnt walk by himself.There is a reason why i might think this is because he walks with a guy that feel out with us both but he made up with and it pisses me off taht he practicaly ingnores me when this guy is there. one day when i was walking to school he was walking this other guy and looked at me and didnt wait for me he just made an arm gesture then carried on walking which i think is bull because this other guy has been a idiot to him before but he still walks with him and leaves me

is this in my imagination or is he doing it and not knowing

Edited for profanity by smile on 12/03/2004

Note: Even putting stars in a rude/swear word is not acceptable. Please refrain from using any type of bad langauge - with or without stars.
"I eat green berets for breakfast and right now i'm very hungry"
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby jensensi » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:32 pm

It does seam like he is favouring this other guy over you, which isnt fair and you should tell him you feel like he is using you.
The only explaination that i could I could think of is that he feels akward about what happened between you, know the two of you dont get on and so prefers to keep you separate for that reason.
Have you tried solving your differences with this other person? if you could then all three of you could hang out together.
jensensi
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby daveshow » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:40 pm

i have tried solving the differencies but to be honest i dont want to hang out with teh other boy again and neither do 90% of our crew he is annoying, moany, slags everyone and blames anyone but himself he is truly unpleasant. the other boy doesnt slag me or anythign but i just feel angry because i think my mate would talk to me if there was no one else there or if its our crew
Last edited by daveshow on Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby plattsy_girl » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:14 pm

It seems to me that u dont really need him. If you've got other friends why bother? He must be ashamed of you for some reason that is not of your own fault. I would just leave him be, hes not worth it
Loreal, because you're worth it...
plattsy_girl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby daveshow » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:35 pm

i really dont want to fall out with him but i just feel he isnt as friendly towards me as he used to be
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:40 pm

Hey,

I know what you mean about friends making you 2nd best and all that. Don't worry about it. You can either address it to him and see what he says, or you can just go and find new friends.

If he starts giving you reasons as to why you're 2nd best, just give up on him and find a new best mate, thats what I would do.

Ashley
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby time after time » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:52 pm

Try talking to him about it, explain how you feel. I know it might be hard, as I feel I'm having a similar problem with my friend, except in my case, the person she's hanging around with is a really nice person.
time after time
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Friends