mate n ex.

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

mate n ex.

Postby illy » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:13 am

(heres the story first) i still like my ex and hope(d) to go out with him after my GCSEs, although i started having a suspicion that my "best mate" likes my ex.
about an hour ago i found an email in her outbox to her other (male) best friend tellin him how much she like my ex, she knows i still like him and want to go out with him too. shes really upset me. they arnt actually going out yet but have discussed it:
(wilkos = "best friend" + "when you.." is ex)

**wilko's babe ®-I'd go in the ruck with Jonny anyday! says:
hold on im confused-r we gonna b b/f and g/f from tonite or r we still thinkin bout it

When you think you've got everything you want, everything does a turn for the worst says:
no

When you think you've got everything you want, everything does a turn for the worst says:
lol

not 2 nite

wilko's babe ®-I'd go in the ruck with Jonny anyday! says:
rite thats fine

then i found:

just keep it between us 2

4 now

lol

well i cudnt tell illy anyway

i know i shouldent have gone through her emeil but it was upsettin me thinking she was going behind my back, obviously it hurts more now, and there really isnt a good enough for excuse for going through my "best friends" email, i know. but should i just try and carry on as if i dont know or just wait until she decides to tell me? she even convinced me to not go to the cinema with the two of them (which me n her organised together), for his birthday.

anyone want to lend a hand about what i should do? thanks.
illy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Fidel » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:21 am

well, confrontation is the best way in my opinion but really you have to realise that if thats what's making them happy then so be it. At your age no-one is tied down or comitted to anything
Still, what they did was wrong and you need to talk it over with both of them
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:51 am

Hey

It was wrong for you to go through her stuff, but in a way you had a good reason to do so. When I was about 16 or 17, I had an online relationship with a girl, and doing what you did, enabled me to find out that she was cheating on me, so I can understand exactly why you did it.

I think what Fidel said is a good idea, confront her about it. However, there could be some consequences due to your past actions (going through her e-mail) Maybe you can just ask her if something is going on, you could say you overheard her talking at school or something?

Another thing you could do is ask your ex out now! Of course if he is seeing your friend, he wouldn't be able to to say yes to going out with you, would he? If he does say no, make sure you actually get the truth out of him as to why.

Good luck, i'm sure you'll be fine.

Ash
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Friends