Something wrong with my mate

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby daveshow » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:57 pm

i know the topic is pretty much over but ive thought about it a bit mroe and i realised what my prob was. I think i was feeling threatened by the other boys(which i still do) because my mate acts differently when they are there but hey sod them they are idiots
"I eat green berets for breakfast and right now i'm very hungry"
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby daveshow » Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:04 pm

OMG I CANT BELIEVE IT LIKE 2 MINUTES I POSTED THIS MY BEST MATE CAME ON MSN TURNS OUT HE WENT TO THE OTEHR GUYS HOUSE EVEN THOUGH I ASKED HIM IF HE WANTED TO GO OUT ALST NIGHT, GUESS IT SEEMS THAT ITS OK TO DITCH YOUR BEST MATE AS THEY ALWAYS UNDERSTAND :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Enigma » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:16 pm

Friends don't always do everything together. Sometimes friends like to do things together in smaller groups, but this is not a reflection of their relationship with the other people in the whole group.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby daveshow » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:59 pm

i know he's my best mate and hes said to me i'm his best mate but recently i feels theres something wrong betweens us and ive tried my best to explain the possibilities of it all in my post because hes done that to day inspite of me asking over 12 hours before it just annoyed me.
Tonight i asked if he wanted to come down and he said mabye because he was going out with the other people this made me madder ebcause he can push me aside but he cant do it to them you've no idea how frustrating it is. I do feel as though there is something pushing us apart and i jsut dont knwo what it is :(
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Enigma » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:16 pm

It sounds like your friend is using you for the times when the other friends aren't around, which really is a self-centered thing to do. When it looks like you'd be better off without your best friend you are bound to be upset about it. Times change though, and not all friendships last forever.

However, this could be (and I hope it is) a temporary thing - a transitional period in the behaviour and lifestyle of your friend. Hopefully, your friend will acknowledge the way you are feeling and realise that he has been ignorning you. It's not uncommon for friends to go through bad patches, for allsorts of reasons, but through it you can become better friends and have a stronger relationship.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby daveshow » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:20 pm

thanks for the advice.

Theres another part to it i keep blaming myself today i said i was acting like an idiot and he said he was too then for no reason i said he hasnt and its been me. Do you think theres any reason why i done that?
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby daveshow » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:08 pm

ok everyone not that your interested now but i've sortedthis out. Ive said sorry to my mate for acting like a fool these past fewdays saying that hes my best friend and acting the way i was is no way to treat my best friend. I think i have damaged our friendship by the way i've been acting and i hope it will heal in time. Just wanna say thanks for all you r help and advice.

thanks
dave

P.s Enigma was right it was me that had the problem although sometimes i do think hes making me second best but i cant expect to come first all the time.

Thanks again
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby daveshow » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:37 pm

one more slight update

everytime i thik this is solved something happens to make me think other wise and something else has and its def nothignto do with me you advice was good and some of was me but this def isnt and a few other things.

thanks anyway :(
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby saz » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:45 pm

Daveshow. I do think you are really getting yourself worked up over this worrying whether you have damaged your friendship but as Enigma said, friendships have ups and downs like any type of relationship.

I used to fall out with my best mate over who she went about with without me quite a lot, but as we got older we realised who our real friends were as the others all drifted away - each other! Sometimes a change of scenery or mates is nice but that doesn't mean you are liked less or more, just they want to do something different for a change. If he isn't honest then that suggests he worries about telling you these things, for fear of upsetting you and perhaps you getting angry with him.

Perhaps being more accepting that he has his own life too so that he doesn't feel he has to lie to you, then he will be more honest and you wont get upset. Also broadening your own group of friends is a good idea. If you dont like these new guys then perhaps see more of other mates so you aren't left at a lose end when your best mate is out.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby daveshow » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:59 pm

i know what your saying and tis exactly whats happening its jsut taht he used to come round to my house all the time and i used to go up to his a lot but now hes always going out and its as if i am 2nd best And other things like only accepting a lift if hes got noone to walk. The friends thing u have saidwouldnt work as my otehr mates all go out to the same place and its just not my thing(drinking and lighting fires etc). :cry:
when he comes on msn when he gets home i find it really hard to be civil to him because ive spent for hours in my self

i jsut hope your right and they will drift apart
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby daveshow » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:17 pm

its getting pretty pathetic now that i cant take control of this situation but its hard to. I miss my mate so much he prefers going down the shore with people i dont like (so i cant go) and he seems to forget an arrangement with me if they give him one but he doesnt mind telling me that he cant come to my house because hes going out with them.He says i am still his best friend but to be honest something doesnt feel right and i just cant tell him i dont see him anymore as he will just say i am trying to take iver his life we used to always go to each others houses now i am just his back up :( :( :(

i dont know how to tell him these things.i keep trying to tell him that he is forgetting me etc etc but i get the feeling it will end in me falling out with him and him going out with them leaving me in the lurch as all my mates will probally take his side.
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby daveshow » Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:27 pm

oh i found out what was wrong with my mate turns out his g/f was going to dump him and he only told me after he was dumped.In all honesty though i feel as though hes no longer my best friend because he keeps on invite the annoying boy and will talk to him all day and leave me myself :evil:
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Fidel » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:00 pm

You should go on Trisha. It would make interesting tv
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby daveshow » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:09 pm

i prefer jerry springer it would make me feel superior if i was surrounded by interbreeding rednecks.

I think I've done it (finaly) i told my mate that i felt he was forgetting about me and there was a big silence then everything seemed alright and back to normal :) :) 1 thing did anger me though was annoying boy was at his house and was pretending to be my mate and i nearly said it to him :evil: stupid butt hole that he is :evil:
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Fidel » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:17 pm

You should've. There's nothign like silencing someone by saying what you want to say
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

PreviousNext

Return to Friends