Urgent!! My friend is suicidal

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Urgent!! My friend is suicidal

Postby josherjoshing » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:26 pm

my friend has decided to kill herself on saturday, she says its inevitable and she hasnt said anything to suggest that the situation is going to change at all. she has agreed to talk with me about her problems, but she is stubborn and refusing offers/ suggestions of help.
please tell me what to do, i cant coipe anymore
josherjoshing
Just Landed
Just Landed

Talk to her

Postby 100%Babe » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:39 pm

You seriously need to talk to her, find out her problems and try and resolve them, tell her she might find it better if she maybe come on here and talks to us, if she says no then just be with her, make her feel loved and cared for, stay withher aslong as you can. tell ehr you can understand as everyone goes through bad patches. killing herself is not the answer to everything, its just a shortcut that will never be resolved. tell her that if she kill's herself how others will feel and might lead them to depression. maybe take her to a psycatrists whichever you spell it, or call someone really close to her.
I hope everything goe's well and she's ok.
Tell her to message me if she want's to talk to me also a girl and i can talk to her im always here for a chat
:D
things will look betta :o
and im sure she wants to thank you for being such an improtant friend
but im worried about you, yo shouldnt have to deal with all of this, its best if you let someone else no, if she kill's herself you might blame yourself,
let her family no, why is she so upset and like that?
let me no maybe email me :) xxxxxxxxxx
100%Babe
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby smile » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:44 pm

Hi,

This link may be of use to you.

http://www.mind.org.uk/NR/rdonlyres/E67D6E58-1ADE-4576-9EAB-95E0453FF26A/0/Howtohelpsomeonewhoissuicidal.pdf

Or you could tell her to call the Samaritans on 0845 790 9090 . You could even call them with her.
Last edited by smile on Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby umistgirl » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:45 pm

Firstly i'd tell someone else, her parents or relatives, imagine how distraught they would be if their daughter was considering suicide and someone knew and hadn't told them.

Maybe her parents can bring her round, after all they know her better than anyone else. You also need to seek professional help on her behalf as potentially this is a very serious situation. Try ringing the samaritans for more advice.

Hope she see's sense.

Tracey
umistgirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby smile » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:54 pm

On a second note it's good that she has decided to talk about her problems with you. Although it is a big strain on you atleast she maybe having second thoughts about suicide. My only advice is to be there for her and reassure her that she can get through this.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby josherjoshing » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:59 pm

thankyou loads, uve been a great help, i am talking to her and following ur advice and, just doing everything i can, ill try and get her to come to this site because the problems are hers and not mine to talkk about
josherjoshing
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby 100%Babe » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:12 pm

HIya, im having a talk with your friend and she is really nice, it looks as thought she isnt going to go through with it, its just that girls will always have those days were they upset but hey!
she is genuinly nice and im not just sayin that!
you lucky to her and and she is to you
Xxxxx
hope my advice helped
100%Babe
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby josherjoshing » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:36 pm

thankyou so much, i really hope u have helped her because othewise i wouldnt know WHAT to do
josherjoshing
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby 100%Babe » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:58 pm

i think she is opening up and we are getting along great!, i fink that you are ok, and she is gonna be ok, she just needs ti let her feelings out to a girl her own age, are you best friends or much more?
how old r ya xxxxxxx
100%Babe
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Fidel » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:58 pm

well I just hope everything goes okay :D keep us posted
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Enigma » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:47 pm

100%Babe wrote:...it looks as thought she isnt going to go through with it, its just that girls will always have those days were they upset...
100%Babe, just because someone that expressed thoughts about killing themself has now said they won't do it, this does not mean that suddenly everything is fine and all problems are solved. Quite a large percentage (can't recall specific statistic) of people that think about commiting suicide actually go through with the act within six months. People who self-harm are 100 times more likely to attempt suicide.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby 100%Babe » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 pm

Yea well i no that! im stillt alking to er. i aint dumb yea !.and my friend once cut her writsts and shes fine and great and never been happy,
its odbious that fi they think about it and that jst cause i talked to them everythings hunky dory. no shes still gonna have this feelings so .!
anyways hope everything goes great and you too get to talk :) xxxxx
100%Babe
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Enigma » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:20 am

100%Babe wrote:i aint dumb yea !
Opposing comments you make is not calling you dumb. We're not going to agree on everything.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:20 pm

Please do not turn someone else's problem topic into a slagging match. The author wants help, not to read your opinions on another member of the forum.

-Smile
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby 100%Babe » Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:04 pm

ok yea, im havin a real bad day,sit down ur friend and talk, xxxx wit my other advice
100%Babe
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Next

Return to Friends