Don't just want to be friends

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Don't just want to be friends

Postby proud_scot » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:08 am

One of my best friends is a girl and i have been attracted to her for a while now and recently plucked up the courage to ask her out. It took a lot of alcohol to obtain this courage and we drunkenly kissed on the night. However, a few days later, when we had both had time to think about what had happened, she told me she didn't want a relationship as she thought it would make the friendship too awkward. However, having spoken to some people about it, they all said that they could see it coming and we would make a great couple. They have also said that this probably isn't the end of the situation. I havent really seen her as much as i used to since what happened and i dont want to lose her as a friend but i still have really strong feelings for her. I dont want to tell her how i feel again as i may seem desperate but it is driving me mad.

Does anyone have any advice or think it would be wise to pursue this any further.
proud_scot
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby -=-COOL-COOKIE-=- » Sat May 01, 2004 1:53 pm

I don't know if this will help, but I think you should tell her exactly what you just wrote. But this time, don't get drunk! Because you were drunk the last time, maybe she didn't think you were being serious when you told her? Good luck!
-=-COOL-COOKIE-=-
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Moose » Sun May 02, 2004 6:48 pm

I totally agree with the above answer. Don't give up on this girl if you really like her. She may really mean what she said when she had a chance to think about it in the cold light of day, but on the other hand, she might have just got cold feet and she might need a bit more encouragement. I don't think you'll seem desperate.

It's definitely better to speak to her when you're sober too - even if it is difficult. She might not think you're serious if you keep trying it when you're drunk.

Other option - if you really can't say all that to her face, write her a letter!
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Buffy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:48 pm

well, first she wouldn't have kissed you if she didn't have a slight feeling for you (even though she was drunk she still has the intention) you just need to have a good long chat! dont let go of her tho
♥Sometimes I Wish Someone Out There Will Find Me And Kiss The Demons Out Of My Dreams♥
Buffy
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby SugarRainbows » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:38 pm

These guys are right. Also wouldnt you regret it if you did? If you tell her and it doesnt work then you can agree to just carry on as normal, youve nothing to loose but potentially something great to gain :)
SugarRainbows
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby * Abbey * » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:36 pm

yeah dont let her go if you like her that much, have a chat and i supose it is a risk you need to take with friends if you develop feelings... do you just carry on as normal with strong feelings for eachother or do you think lifes too short and take the plunge go for it and if you are really good friends then you are most likely to become a great couple with good potential and who knows it could have been the best chance you have ever taken... i agree with the others that you both should talk when you are sober. and yes she must have feelings if she doesnt regret it, all you need is a long chat one to one just to see if you are both ready to take the chance. good luck!! :D
* Abbey *
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby JennaXXX » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:34 pm

Speak to her again sober! She may have made a mistake in kissing you but if the friendship is strong enough then it will survive.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby elmo24 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:08 pm

I agree - what have you got to lose? You'll only kick yourself if you don't say anything and you find out later that she did like you!

What's the worst that can happen? She says 'she doesn't see you that way'? - so what! At least you gave it a go :wink:
All you need is love...
elmo24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Friends