funeral help!!

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

funeral help!!

Postby bubblequeen » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:23 pm

hi there... i have been asked by a family friend to help her write something to read at her sons funeral... i cant seem to fnd anyting on the net... poems..verses... i didnt want anything too religious .. and neither did she. her 16 yr old son commited suicide ..i dont know what to do..any ideas ... i really need your help .... as i only have until tomorrow.... please please help me...any web pages..or verses that are beautiful will help........ please please please...as quick as you can please, xxx
the need to talk
bubblequeen
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby daveshow » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:27 pm

um i am bad at writing my self but i could give you ideas if that would help?

You could perhaps write about how tragic it was for someone so young to be taken away but that he will always be remembered and that you shouldnt mourn but celebrate his life.

sorry its not much.

please offer my sympathies
"I eat green berets for breakfast and right now i'm very hungry"
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby worstfriend » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:09 am

How about Christina Rossetti? She wrote alot of poems people read at funerals. My favourite is "remember me" but she also wrote one about how you're not dead you're all around, waiting in the next room. I think the first line is" when i am gone my darling, sing no sad songs for me"

Stick it into Google and see what you come up with.

Good luck.

WF
worstfriend
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Fidel » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:18 pm

Yeah, Go with that. I read a passage written by myself at my grandmother's funerla. Antyhing about being loved, cared, great friend will suffice
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saffyre » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:39 pm

Another nice one starts "Death is nothing at all", by Henry Scott Holland. It was read at my grandmother's funeral, always makes me think of her...
saffyre
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Friends