Which friends should i hang around with?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Which friends should i hang around with?

Postby i am me » Sat May 01, 2004 1:52 pm

hi, my problem is that i dont know who to stand by.

Recently four of my friends have started being nasty to one of my other friends, who i like very much and i thought they did to. I cant even remember what started the conflict now, but it is just getting silly. They keep sending this friend nasty messages and i want to stand up to my friends to tell them to stop being nasty to my other friend, but if i did that then i am afriad that they wouldn't like me any more and would start witching about me to.

The main two people that have fallen out are two of my best friends and i am worried that me not standing up for either of them will make them not like me. I think they maybe be jealous of each other, because they both want me as a best friend. I don't mean to sound pig headed but i think this is happening.

I have explained that i find it really hard to stick up for this one friend that is basically getting bullied, but i still don't know what to do. :-?

Please help me!
X
Beauty comes from within,
But the outside gets you noticed!
i am me
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby -=-COOL-COOKIE-=- » Sat May 01, 2004 2:07 pm

I'm so sorry that this is happening to you! I know exactly what you're going through because it has happened to me. First of all, don't choose between them. I think you should just tell them both, that you like them exactly the same and that you are not going to choose between them. If they still don't want to hang around with each other, ask if they can just be kind to each other when you are with them both to make it a bit easier for you. If they are a good friends, they would at least do this for you. 3 is a hard number because sometimes someone gets left out. If you are desperate to make them friends again, try and get them both with you at the same time, and tell them that you are both of their best friend. I hope this helps! :D
-=-COOL-COOKIE-=-
Just Landed
Just Landed

Which Friends?

Postby Moose » Sun May 02, 2004 6:42 pm

Have you got any other friends you can hang around with? It's horrible if your two best friends are arguing. I also used to hang around in a group of three, but it was me and my best friends who argued, and the third person in our group used to do her nut. She never chose between us though, and even when my old best friend and I fell out properly (and we still don't speak now, several years later) 'the third person' now sees both of us separately - she has still never chosen!

Unless you strongly agree with one or the other, don't choose. If you do, and they make up, the one you don't choose will end up resenting you and you'll find yourself as the left out one!
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby i am me » Sun May 02, 2004 10:05 pm

I know not to choose, but now i am feeling the opposite, that i dont really want to be around either of them. One has been saying things to the other that i thing are just pathetic and the other one emailed me saying that she thinks it is clear that i am unprepared to stick up for her and slagged off my other friends aswell.

I do have other friends to be around, but most of them are being nasty to one of my bestfriends and i just dont want to be around them when they are like this. At the moment i just feel like there is noone to be there for me. :(

X

[/list]
Beauty comes from within,
But the outside gets you noticed!
i am me
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Friends