Worried about my friend

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Worried about my friend

Postby lil_angel » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:37 am

Hello everyone,

I am really worried about my friend. First of all I should probably point out that we are not teenagers, are both in our early-mid twenties.

She has been chatting to this guy on the net for about 5 weeks. He is american but based abroad working and was due to be going back to the States for Christmas and then supposedly coming to see her here for New Year before he went back to work.

Their relationship has been very quick - they speak on the phone for hours every night, have discussed getting married and say they love each other.

My friend was supposed to be going to the States next week for Christmas to be with him and then both coming here for New Year before he goes back to work. She has been really excited about it - and I have tried to be happy for her - but have been very concerned about her going such a long way, to see someone she has never met before, especially over Xmas.

Anyway, she calls me this morning in floods of tears to say that he was on his way back to America yesterday and that his passport got stolen at the stop over airport and that he has to go back to work and cannot see her over xmas etc etc.

Now maybe I am being unreasonable cynical - but this seems like too much of a coincidence to me. I feel like he has maybe got himself in deeper than he wanted to - she has become extremely attached to him, and he had to think of a way to get out of it.

He has told her that he cannot get a temporary passport and that it will be months before a new one comes through - probably the summer? This does not sound right to me.

And now my friend is saying she will not come out at Christmas or New Year as she will be too upset with thinking about how she should have been with him etc.

Any thoughts.....?
lil_angel
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby X_Smiler_X » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:05 pm

Hey.
Personally I can't understand how she has got to attached to someone she has never met before - she really should be careful, he could be anyone.

It does sound to me as though this guy has made up a random excuse to not see her over Xmas. She sounds heartbroken, and I can sort of see why she is - he has obviously led her on to thinking she has got something good and proper to spend Xmas and New Year with - for all she knows he could be a married man with kids - she has to bare that in mind.

The best thing you can do is reassure her, try and persuade her to come out with you New Years, it will cheer her up - she shouldn't let this guy get to her, there is plenty more fish in the sea!
x
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby paganstar » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:25 pm

I think that hes playing her i recon he is married try and get her out to meet some one near where you live she is getting depressed about someone she doesnt no she must feel very lonely go with your instincts,hope she sees sense
an ye harm none do as ye will
paganstar
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lil_angel » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:59 am

The situation has got worse - she reckons he is totally telling the truth and that apparently he is coming to see her at the end of this month. She refers to him as her boyfriend - altho she has never even met the guy - and got really nasty with me when I expressed my concerns. I cannot do anymore - she is an adult, except be there for her when he lets her down yet again.
lil_angel
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Friends