friends?! what are they?!

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

friends?! what are they?!

Postby nothings_shocking » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:11 pm

well i have friends but it just seems there is not one friend i can actually trust. My friend is blaming everything on her current situation (divorce od her parents and that is how she puts it) but don't we all have current situations? some of us permanent? If anything goes wrong she says to all of us "What do you expect in my current situation?" Also 2 friends in which i thought i was close to and they said that we were all close turn out to be people i don't know I have only know them for 3 months as I started college but us 3 connected from day one. Sadly their true colours appeared and rather then telling me our night out was rubbish and that they did not have a good time they told my friend whom told me and they both denied it until i finally got it out of them. What hurt the most was the fact they did not come to me and tell me they had a rubbish time and when i asked them they denied it. Am I reading into this too much?
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby madcow » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:47 pm

I know plenty of people that are always banging on about "current situation". It can be god damn annoying! But maybe your friend is having a hard time, and she needs your right now- or she could just be one of those people that just wont stop moaning, in which case do you want to be her friend?
Your other two friends sound like bad friends to me, and i woudnt waste too much time on them, if they are going to lie behind your back that isnt the grounds for long lasting friendship and if you think you had a good time when they didnt, maybe you enjoy different things? talk to them and find out what went wrong, maybe they did have a good time but were just being bitchy?
Be crazy for love and crazy for meeeeeeeee
madcow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby nothings_shocking » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:19 pm

I know it is hard for her that her dad has left home and her parents are divorcing, but if she is in a bad mood, cries, literally anything she says "...my current situation..." she just moans in general. I went to her house one time and her dad said to me is she moaning again. Surely everything that is making her feel down is not linked to her 'current situation'. My friend thinks i sleep around because of something she said. She just wants in on all the gossip. When i first met her it took me over a year to trust her a very long time i know but i can see why. It's like i don't know her anymore. She is more interested meeting men over the internet and ditching her friends for them...
Well the other two i met when i first started college. We have so much in common, but we dont if you know what i mean. My friend was only annoyed because she could not get served even though she is practically 18. They both stood there infront of me looked in my eyes and blatantly lied to me. They didn' like the service. My friend told me on the night of the meal i was being fake even though i was being me...she judged me after just 3 months...nvm
I spoke to them it seems they did have a good time but they did not like the service cos it came in dribs and drabs. How many hands do they think our waitress had? There was a lot of food ordered.
Sorry just made me angry they could not be honest with me. I would rather people were honest with me then go witching to friends whom i have known alot longer.
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby paganstar » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:18 pm

I say who needs enermys when youv got friends like these these sound like aqantances not friends,and back stabbers,i think if you can count on one hand 2 good friends in your life time your very lucky,i think you should find some new friends as these are not doing you any justice,id rather a couple of good friends rather than a bunch of bad ones,you will meet many people like this in your life time dont let them get you down,get out there and make some good friends :D
an ye harm none do as ye will
paganstar
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby nothings_shocking » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:58 pm

the thing is i have met loadsa new people in my life. i have moved... well more then 10 times (am only 16) but the thing is i leave people behind. The thing is i had convinced myself everything will be ok now, i'm at college met new people, fresh start but obviously not. I hate falling out with people and yer i'm the kinda person you either like or hate but the worst thing was they didn't appriciate any of it.
I think they may well...deserve a second chance everyone makes mistakes and deserves a second chance. I keep reliving my second chance so they should deserve one. Sorry to waste anyone's time but i have been thinking about it alot since it happened.
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Friends