My friend iv known for 25 yrs wont talk to me?????

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My friend iv known for 25 yrs wont talk to me?????

Postby paganstar » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:42 pm

Iv got this friend,iv known her since i was 11,she was 9,we kept in touch on and off over the years i lost touch with her about 6 years back and we made up,now iv lost touch with her again,for about 2 years,i miss her,we fell out because firsty she never got in touch with me for months then she txted me i got the hump and txtd back and askd y has it been so long,she then txtd again and said shed left me lots of messages on my answer phone i never got any,well we was both annoyed so i left it,i tryed to ring her in june and she hung straigh up on me,iv written to her but she blanked me,i dont no what to do i do miss her and think about,its a shame,what do i do??leave it or what??i mean i dont want to ring for her to hang up again and whats the point in writing she blanks i dont want to travel to her house to be told f off!!its quite a distance,and i got lots of kids to drag with me,plus i cant txt her numbers out of service???what do i do??? :(
an ye harm none do as ye will
paganstar
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

umm

Postby briz babe » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:16 am

well i think that u should just give i time and when she comes round im sure she will be ok with u. may be if u aplogise i may make things ok dont worry urself about it if u have faith it will sort things out x
dont give up when u still have something to give nothing is really over untill u stop tryin xx
xx life in peacexxx
briz babe
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Squidge » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:05 am

Hey there.

blanking people out of your life completely is never a good idea, especially when you havn't even had an argument or anything... I have a friend that I've known for about 15 years since junior school, and the only time we've properlly argued was because we'd both changed a lot, and couldn't get used to how different we both are now. (she used to be realy timid and quiet, I was always the outgoing one, now she's realy ougoing and popular while I'm the more reserved one) It just came down to me being jealous of her new 'sparkly' lifestyle as I felt stuck in a rut. Maybe you're situation is a bit like this??? either way, do try letting her know you want to get in touch again. If she keeps blanking you it's her loss.
Squidge
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby brfc » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:30 pm

i can relate to that i have a friend known for 4 years now. she has recently got engaged to some bloke and has no time for me now or lets say the occasional txt saying sorry havnt been in touch but feel its rude txting when her lover boys about. i know hes not around all the time so thats no excuse. im engaged but i always make time for freinds aswell as my fiancee. this person isnt a true friend if they dont keep in contact. i have more self respect to move on and say your loss not mine. one day you will need a friend and wont have any left to turn too.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby nothings_shocking » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:40 pm

i know what you are feeling. I was friends with someone from year 3 and i moved away, but we kept in contact. Anyway she decided one day that she was not going to talk to me etc etc like your situation we used to have periods of time where we would not talk to each other. By the time i was 16 (just!) i text her saying "hey hows u?" etc the general stuff no reply i rang her and she said "I've changed" and hung up on me. We have not spoken since. Have tried contact and her phone is like your friend out of service. I realised after 8 years of friendship that she did not genuinely want to be my friend anymore and obviously those 8 years meant nothing. I have found that I was better off without her my life I know it is a little mean but my life was on the up when we lost contact. I wasn't coming off the phone with the weight of the world on my shoulders anymore.
It is a shame that you and your friend have lost contact. If she is acting in this way is it possible that she did not value your friendship? I think it is your friends lose not yours, it is your gain as you have friends who will treat you right. I don't think you should drag yourself and your children to where she lives.
Put it this way a friend who neglects another always goes running back to the old frind for help.
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby paganstar » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:13 pm

I wouldnt mind but we went through a lot together,she got pregant her mum htrew her out i took her in i was the one to go to her mum and dad and soften up about it,which worked,i was the one always there for her when shed split up with a boyfriend,she even slept with my first husband i found out and still forgave her because i thought our friendship was higher than that worth more,but its also since she got back with her boyfriend she married him and i saw and heard less and less from her so mayb i valued the friendship more than she did,but i do feel a loss,after knowing her so long i had come to see her as a sisiter i never had :(
an ye harm none do as ye will
paganstar
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby nothings_shocking » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:15 pm

I'm sorry things have turned out this way for you. I thin as you two have been through so much go find her!!
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby nothings_shocking » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:17 pm

i think that you have been a great friend to her and that for her to not respond is unfair on you. You forgave her for sleeping with your first husbabnd which probably took alot for you. I think you should go and see her, tell her how you feel and see what she says.
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Friends