To ring or not to ring...that is the question.

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

To ring or not to ring...that is the question.

Postby madcow » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:58 pm

im so upset.
Me and my best friend are not talking and have not been for the past 3-4 weeks. It was all my fault, we used to boyfriend/girfriend and we broke up, realised that this was so much better, we got on so well this way. We were inseparable for about 4 months. He then found out when we went put i cheated on him 3 times. Some of you might remember this story from AO, but its moved on since. He said he coudnt talk to me for a while because he was so upset, etc and needed some time. I go ok, he said hed ring me when he was ready. Anyways, on boxing day he started talking to me on msn. Acting like NOTHING had happened, totally normal. He said he wanted to meet up, we agreed on the 30 th because before that we both had family commitments. The plans were quite vague, no time, but he said wed talk nearer the time, he said hed ring me on xmas day, he never rang, but he did text me saying merry xmas. On boxing day, he text me again saying hed ring the day after, he never did. Its now the 28th, he still hasnt called. I just signed into msn and he was online but he didnt say hello, and i didnt want to because hes the one who was not talking to me and i dont want to pester him, and make him think im really wanting to be friends again, when i do, but its just i dont want him to know that because hell think im desperate and obsessive. What do i do? I could be a total witch and make new plans for that day, and even if he rang just before I was supposed to see him i would have to be like no..sorry...i cant base my life round you etc. But the thing is i really miss him and want to see him. OR i could just play it by ear and just see if he rings and of he doesnt well u know life goes on. But the problem with all this is that i kind of secretly still really like him, but after what i did i know ive got even less of a chance of him ever liking me because now he cant even trust me. So that really isnt the issue, its more what do i do? do i cal him?
Be crazy for love and crazy for meeeeeeeee
madcow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Loopy » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:55 pm

Hi
Why don't you just call him and tell him all this? If he's that good a mate he'll talk to you about it. He may still be habouring thoughts of you as his girlfiend and of course it's going to come as a shock that you cheated. Apart from apologising, there isn't much more you can do. Ring him, make the effort and suggest doing something where you don't have to talk too much, like go to the cinema or go out with other friends too. He's going to be hurting, you just have to take it slowly.
Loopy
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby madcow » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:04 pm

ye but hes the 1 hu sed hed tlk 2 me when he was ready, i dont want to assume he is ready.
Be crazy for love and crazy for meeeeeeeee
madcow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Loopy » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:33 pm

Yes but if he is still texting you and speaking on msn when you also speak then this is a good sign.
It depends whether you want to make effort I suppose, after all, you're the one who cheated on him, you can understand he feels hurt? I would suggest just being very neutral and normal, don't push too hard but let him know you care.
Loopy
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lilessexgal » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:22 pm

yeah let him know you care! maybe he is looking for you to ring him so he can see how much you care you never know until you find out! you don't want to go on like this not knowing what he is thinking!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Friends