none of my mates like my best mate

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

none of my mates like my best mate

Postby crying devil » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:41 pm

i know that doesnt seem like a problem, but ALL of my friends hate my best mate because of some of the stuff he has done in the past. i had a relationship with him for a couple of months about a year and a half ago, and since we broke up, none of my other friends have spoken more than 2 words to him. most of them dont even realise how close we are, even my boyfriend doesn't know because i know all his friends would get worried that something could be going on between us. i havent seen my friend for about 4 months because whenever i try and meet up with him, his gf decides she needs to urgently talk to him, or my bf decides to come and see me or something, its almost like people dont want me to be friends with him, but all the stuff he has done is in the past and he is a different person now, but people wont give him the chance. how can i still meet up with him, without offending or upsetting or worrying my other friends. i know its up to me who im friends with, but i dont like hurting people by doing things they'd rather i didnt do.
ali
xxx
crying devil
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby captainf » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:35 am

Hey

I think you should sit your friends and b/f down, and set the story straight. Tell them that you feel that your friend is a completely different person now and just ask them to give him a chance. However, don't push them into actually liking him because this will raise suspicion on how "close" you two really are. Just a simple chat with friends is all thats needed. It may take them time to get used to him. My best friend calls my ex g/f's all the names under the sun, but if he met them again I know for sure he would be nice to them, maybe your friends will be the same in the end?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby X_Smiler_X » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:18 am

I agree with captain_flynn.

The only way anything is going to get sorted is by sitting them both down and telling them how it is.

At the end of the day, he is your best friend, and no one else has the right to say anything. Its your choice, and if you are happy being best friends with him, then there shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck!
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby BlueRayman » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:23 pm

Yeah talk to your friends make it clear thought that your not going to sacrifice one friendship for another.. You best mate isn't putting you in this position they are, and tell them that you dont want them to force you to choose because you can't.

---Ray
It takes more than a bullet to stop fate.
BlueRayman
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Friends