Mate is making me very angry

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Mate is making me very angry

Postby LME79 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:12 pm

Hi everyone, I'll cut to the chase.

My mate had a bit of a drunken "incident" towards the end of 2004 which upset a lot of other friends at a club. My mate was convinced that the said people were ignoring him and were upset with him but that "he didn't care".
I didn't want to get involved in any social politics so I kept in contact with him, not wanting to judge him despite the fact that what he did at the club was pretty outrageous (to cut an extremely long story short, he ended up getting thrown out the club by the bouncer). We kept in touch throughout the time people were ignoring him etc. and he even asked me to contact a mutual friend of ours as he was all paranoid she was ignoring him too. I didn't do that and I told him he was over reacting (which he was- the said mate wasn't in work to reply to the e-mail he sent :roll: ).

I've always been supportive of him and he's always been supportive of me. He's like a big brother to me. Thing is, he's kissed and made up with the rest of these people and now he seems to be ignoring my e-mails and texts, unless I pester him (which I rarely do unless it's urgent). WE've been accused, in the past, of having feelings for each other by childish people we know so maybe that's the reason.

I don't actually see him an awful lot anymore as we work conflicting hours etc but I don't want to lose him as a mate. THe thing that's made me angry is that I supported him the whole time he thought the world was against him but once it got sorted I get shoved onto the back burner.

We're not kids anymore, we're in our mid twenties. What should I do? (If I call him his gf gets the major hump :roll:)

LME xxx
Last edited by LME79 on Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby lil devil » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:18 pm

I would just wait for him to call he must know you have been trying to get in touch so you have done your part now it's upto him, like u said your not kids so he can make up his own mind. And if that is how hes treated you after you was there for him maybe hes one mate your better off without.
But there also could be the cause of his g/f maybe shes put the foot down especially if it has gone about there been somthing between the two of you. If this is the case I am sure your mate desperatly wants to get intouch but in some cases I guess love concors all!
Have you tried to approch him face to face tht might help at least he can't ignore you then.
Well hope I could help hope you get it sorted xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lil devil
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby JennaXXX » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:29 pm

I know its hard but dont contact him anymore. Wait for him to contact you. Why should you be the one to do all the running around? You have supported him and been there for him and he should recognize that and appreciate it. If he cant then to be honest he really isn't worth anymore of your time.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Moose » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:51 pm

I agree with Jenna. The best way to deal with people who don't get in touch is to not get in touch with them. That way, they either realise what they've lost and you can kiss and make up yourselves, or you can both move on and accept he wasn't a proper friend anyway.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby LME79 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:09 pm

Yeah, I agree with everything said on here.

I'd love to meet him face to face but as I say, we have conflicting work schedules and it's very difficult to do so (although we have tried to meet up, one of us always cancels!).

I won't contact him again until I have to. Maybe it is his girlfriend but that's pretty pathetic if that's the case! I don't think it is though, he ain't the sort of guy to do that!

Ah well. Such is life etc.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby LME79 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:55 pm

Haha

Problem resolved. I didn't stop contacting him deliberately, I was very very busy at work and didn't have time to send a mail to him. When I next logged into my e-mail, I had a nice long e-mail from him all of which contained good news which made me feel very happy :)

I have my "big brother" back :)

Lots of love

A Very Happy LME xxxx
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Return to Friends