New friends or Not!!??

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

New friends or Not!!??

Postby Hopeless » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:57 am

I have been going to a karate club for about 3 years now, it is only in the last 6 months i have started to make friends there, as every one already seemed to know eachother & me being a very shy person would not approach anyone. Theres a group of about 10 that are all really friendly & i have made quite good friends with a couple or so i thouhght!! At my last lesson they were arranging a night out for friday, and asking people within the group i was standing in, if they fancied it!!! But no invite came my way!! Felt really awfull & upset about this, as can be very sensitive-maybe to much. I don't know if i should try being friends anymore!!! help!!!
Hopeless
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby BlueRayman » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:02 pm

stay with it, they may of felt that becauses you've kept yourself to yourself these last few years that your not the social type and wouldn't of wanted to go... Hang in there

---Ray
It takes more than a bullet to stop fate.
BlueRayman
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Hopeless » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:33 pm

Thanx-hadn't thought of it that way! & have had previous experiances of people badly judging me because of my shyness!!
Hopeless
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Moose » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:34 pm

Maybe they were including you. If you were all standing in the same group, maybe the person arranging it was talking to everyone when they suggested the night out. But they might not have thought that you'd be too shy to say "Yeah, that sounds good", If they're your friends, they might think you're relaxed with them enough now to speak up.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby lilessexgal » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:59 pm

yeah i think Moose is right! its easy to jump to conclusions but find out for sure first before you start getting upset or anything! the person might of been inviting the whole group you just didnt realise that or they might just of thought you wouldnt be up for it! just wait and see what happens! if they start talking about it maybe drop into the conversation casualy and they might say something about it to you!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby arwen » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:11 am

I don't think they would stand there and deliberate invite everyone out except you, especially when you were standing right there in the group!
I'm sure it was an open invitation and you were automatically included. Don't give up on your friends, go on the night out with them and let your hair down a bit!
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Hopeless » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:08 pm

Thanx guys for your reply's. Maybe i am just being sensitive-but have seen a couple of them since and still no mention of it!!?? we shall wait & see!!!x
Hopeless
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby lilessexgal » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:45 pm

obivously you cant just ask them because that might be a bit well to upfront but maybe they invited you without you knowing!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Hopeless » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:09 am

Just quick update-one of the gals spoke to me the other day & just assumed i was coming out-so obviously was directed at me! went out and had fab time!! x x :lol:
Hopeless
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Lorelei » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:10 pm

Aw, that's great! xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Friends