Argh she's driving me crazy!

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Argh she's driving me crazy!

Postby red-hot-raspberries » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:10 pm

OK I'm at university and a group of friends and I are trying to start up a new society. Things seem to be going Ok except for this one girl.

She lives on my floor and we get on very well, when she's in a good mood. I find her pretty irritating quite often, she can be really rude without even seeming to realise it, then go about telling people what a nice person she is.

Basically, when I came up with the new society idea she wasn't really interested. It's not to do with any of her interests. Then, as it seemed to be taking off, she's decided that if I put enough work in to make it a proper society backed by the student's union then she would like to be part of it. Fine, I'd be only too happy for her to be involved. But now she's decided ONCE I've done all the hard work getting it set up THEN she'd like to be on the exec as my vice president!

I really really don't want her to. She blew it off at first and now she can see how committed I am and that it probably will succeed she wants in, but doesn't want to do any of the work.

I've noticed her using other people in the same sort of way. She's nearly 19 and is so immature about everything. She treats guys like rubbish and then wonders why she never has a boyfriend. One guy on our floor fell in love with her, so she let him do all things sexual TO HER, let him buy her stuff, gave him the impression the feelings were reciprocated, even though they weren't. She is constantly moaning about this guy behind his back but in front of him just leads him on.
She is always arguing with this lad. When she is in a bad mood she just tries to drag everyone else around her down.

To make things worse she's living in my house next year. She's really annoying me. I'm not rude enough to do what she does to other people. I can't tell her what I think, because I have to live with her for at least another 1.5 years.

What can I do? I'm starting to hate her!
red-hot-raspberries
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby all_apologies » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:22 pm

Aren't you, as the founder, the one who decides who is vice president? If so, just don't pick her!
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby arwen » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:21 pm

Sounds like she's just got her first taste of freedom and is going a bit over the top - maybe she comes from a strict background?
If she's causing problems I think a quiet word in private might make her realise that her behaviour isn't going to be tolerated just like that.
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Friends