annoying friend

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

annoying friend

Postby jen_bam » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:42 pm

rite my problem is that my so called friend is just really annoyin me and my other friends she slept with some lad who she had only known for two months and is now saying that she doesnt want to go 2 university as she wants to become pregnant with her other friend at the age of 17 which i think is bad as she is only 15 years old! she is also tlking to me n my friends like wer beneath her as she has had sex an we havent but when it comes down to it doesnt that make us the more mature ones??? i realy dont no what to do about her but shes standing on thin ice just one more patronising coment about me or my friends and boyfriend then i dont no if i can stay cool or not! :evil: she also doesnt talk to use ever and when she does its just to brag about how many guys shes either "got into" slept with or just given them some sort of oral!! i realy dnt want to be her friend anymore but what should i do!!!!
XjennX
jen_bam
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby arwen » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:40 pm

Hmm, it's hard to say without knowing the girl you're talking about personally. But I think it's one of two things:

Either, she's just an immature, silly little tart by nature and always will be

Or, she's got very low self-esteem which she tries to compensate for by bragging about her "achievements" - why on earth would she want to have a baby at 15 - it's very sad that she feels that's her only way of justifying her worth.

It's up to you to decide which. Maybe she needs some help to overcome her apparent lack of self-respect, or maybe she's just an attention seeking little madam. I'll leave that to you.
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

help

Postby jen_bam » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:15 pm

tru and thankz 4 the advse but i reali think that she is just using us as a kinda lacky to just hang arond with and brag to its just reali annoyin all of us should we say something or just let it wash over are heads?? plz plz plz help because we reali need 2 do something about this before it gets completly out of hand and we hav a pregnant m8 on our hands who is regretin it an wont wanna go 4 a abortion!
XjennX
jen_bam
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby arwen » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:16 pm

In that case I think you should have a quiet word with her and explain how offensive and worrying you find her behaviour. Tell her you are concerned she may get herself into trouble and ask her to be more careful and think about what she's doing.
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby jen_bam » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:23 pm

but what if she completely freaks out and doesnt speak to us nemore?
XjennX
jen_bam
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby arwen » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:28 pm

Then she's not much of a friend!
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby jen_bam » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:32 pm

omg thats so tru thank you so much for ur advice. but 1 more thing should i confront her then ? because i reali dont want a argument to start out although it may hav to!
XjennX
jen_bam
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby arwen » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:34 pm

Well, I would try to avoid an argument but sometimes you have to be firm. As long as you are honest about how she's making you feel, that's all you can do. The rest is up to her.
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby jen_bam » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:58 pm

kk ill try and thank you for all your help :D
XjennX
jen_bam
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Friends