Why do I care so much?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Why do I care so much?

Postby JennaXXX » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:30 pm

I have felt quite lonely lately and betrayed by quite a lot of people. Sort of felt like I couldn't connect with anyone and that there might be something wrong with my personality.
That was until I met a friend from uni's boyfriend. He makes me laugh and showers me with attention. We have all been spending a lot of time together as he is at the same uni as us and so we meet up at lunch.The more I get to know him the more attached I become. Everytime I am not with him I am thinking about him. I dont think I fancy him but I just feel like I really need him.
I dont think my friend knows as I think I have hid it well but this is becoming a real problem for me now. I cant even concentrate as he is always on my mind.
What can I do? I am scared as to what will happen i continue to feel this way.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Faith80 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:18 pm

Maybe if you're not used to getting the attention that you are getting from him, then it has almost become like an addiction for you?

Are you sure that you don't fancy him, as it is unusual for someone to constantly think about someone who they see as just a friend?

I think the only way to stop feeling like this is not to have so much contact with him, which seems a shame, as if you have not had much luck with friends in the past then you could probably do with someone like him in your life.

Other than that, I don't really know what else you could do apart from try to somehow control those feelings, which will be hard, and may not happen over night.

Sorry if I've not been much help.
Faith80
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby madcow » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:09 pm

I really do agree with Faith80, are you sure you dont fancy this guy? If you maybe you should do something about it, or atleast think about it.
Be crazy for love and crazy for meeeeeeeee
madcow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Lorelei » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:51 pm

I agree that you might just be enjoying the attention.
However, if you DO fancy him, please remember that he's your friend's boyfriend.
If anything did happen between you and him, imagine how hurt she'd be, and you could end up losing both friendships. That's probably the last thing you need at the moment, so consider your options carefully.
Maybe you need to get out a bit more, and meet some other guys. If you had a date of your own, maybe it would take your mind off your friend's boyfriend a bit? xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Friends