friends or not?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

friends or not?

Postby brfc » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:45 am

i used to live down in the south west and had quite a few really good friends. i moved away about 2 years ago and since then kept in touch with them and visited them quite regularly. but last sat it all came to head. i went down to visit them again and have a night out with them. in the 2 years i have been here they have not once visited me. we went to a few pubs and on to a club that they decided. it was only early when we got to the club so i said do you fancy going somewere else before the club. no they were more interested in going in this club early. i went in relised drinks were a fortune and came back out with my g/f. thought fine ill find somewere else if they didnt want to. well after a few phone calls these so called friends rung me shouting abuse cause i left them in the club and said they had wasted there money. made me relise they wernt interested in coming out. just felt they had too. what do you think?
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:02 pm

They dont sound like fantastic friends to me, to be honest. The abuse may have been because they were blind drunk, and are taking you for granted. They have never visited you - have you invited them?

It does get to a point sometimes where we grow apart from our friends and especially if you have different priorities and responsibilities to them. I would try and talk to them calmly about it when they are sober, apologise for leaving but explain why - if you left without telling them, they may not have understood why and been upset. But that is no excuse for being abusive, and if you talk about it, all of you can get your feelings into the open, it might ease the tension and make things better.

Good luck.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Mjaries » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:24 pm

I totally agree with saz. You should just find friends in your new place, forget about them and have a happy life with your gf.
Just get on with your life.
Good luck

edited by all_apologies: please do not type in "text talk"
Mjaries
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby JennaXXX » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:08 pm

Friendships have to be a two way process if you are doing all the running around then you should consider whether they are really worth it. Seem like its doing you more harm then good sticking around with them.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby brfc » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:06 pm

thanks for your advice guys. i feel the same way think its time i moved on and found some new freinds up here. no use running around after the same people. if they were proper freinds like you say it would be a two way thing and they would put as much effort in as i would. thanks again for your advice :)
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby brfc » Thu May 12, 2005 12:29 pm

an update on above problem. got in touch with these freinds. things all sorted out now. :D
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jess1234 » Thu May 12, 2005 4:22 pm

Thats good news :P Glad its sorted out :)
Jess xXx
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Friends