pushing my friend away and i dont know why

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

pushing my friend away and i dont know why

Postby Loopy018 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:58 am

I think im pushing one of my best friends away and I dont know why I'm doing it.
The past few months have been very eventful for me and he has been there and helped me through it in some way or another.
anyway, on the weekend we were both tierd and we got into an argument and ever since things havent really been the same and ive been snappy and argumentative with him and now hes really annoyed with me now and doesnt talk to me properly either.
I dont want to lose him as my friend but i dont know why im behaving the why i am either?!
Loopy018
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Krazycow » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:42 am

Well talk to your mate and tell him that you have had an eventful time and you've been a bit stressed. Tell him you were tired and that you were stressed so you can talk about it.

Good luck *laughheart*

[b][size=9]edited by all_apologies: please type in proper English[/size][/b]
Krazycow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Location: Trapped somewhere i don't know.... Maybe it's the kitchen?

Postby arwen » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:14 pm

Sure, take him a big bar of chocolate and say you're sorry for taking things out on him. Then go and have a pizza together and watch a film. He'll forgive you!
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby JennaXXX » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:12 pm

I agree with arwen. If he is a good friend then he will understand.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby SugarRainbows » Mon May 16, 2005 4:53 pm

When your going through a hard or emotional time, its easy to take it out on the people closest to you, afterall you wouldnt go up to some random stranger on the street and start having a go at him because you feel bad (i hope :p).

It's also difficult to explain circumstances to people, but if you just tell him your having a really bad time and you dont mean to do this to him and offer to buy him a drink (or a meal or something) to say sorry then they will probably be fine.

Also, it may be an idea to involve your friend in this a little, its easy to push people away and harder to let them in, but by letting them in then you will get more support and will probably feel all the more better for it in the short and long run, it will probably strengthen your friendship too, by sharing and going through together a time which is emotionally difficult.
SugarRainbows
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby lilessexgal » Mon May 16, 2005 6:37 pm

just apologise to him for being snappy and tell him that you have been stressed out and obviously took out on people you didnt want to. if he is a good friend he sould understand.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Friends