Why is she being like this?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Why is she being like this?

Postby JennaXXX » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:54 am

My best friend has gone totally weird on me. Its like she is playing mind games.
Basically we have been friends since primary school. We have shared a lot and been through tons together. The last time I saw her she told me that I was a great friend. She also commented on how little friends she did have which makes this situation even weirder.
She has just started a new job and so I understand that she is busier now and that she cant see me as much. However she has gone from texting me everyday to hardly texting/phoning me at all. She replys to messages really late even when it is out of work time or on a weekend.
She also told me that shes too tired to see me outside of work but I found out that she saw another friend of an evening. This really hurt me.
Its like I am living my life around her. If we arrange to go out it always has to be when she feels that she wants too.
I am about to lose my temper with her. I have asked her whats going on but she said I am over reacting. I know I am not though as she is not acting like a proper friend.
I did think it may be because I had a disagreement with her boyfriend but then all her friends have.
There is no reason for this. Please help.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Lorelei » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:28 pm

Well, it's not really your problem. You haven't changed. You can't DEMAND that she makes more time for you, and if she has a reason for distancing herself, she obviously doesn't want to discuss it.

However, the fact that you said you seem to be 'living your life around her' makes me think. She might be taking you for granted; not bothering to make an effort to accomodate you, because she knows that you'll always bend over backwards to accomodate her.

The next couple of times she does ask if you want to meet up, tell her that you're sorry, but you're busy. Perhaps if she knows that you are not at her beck and call, and that you will move on with your life if she doesn't start being a better friend, she might make more of an effort.xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Friends