Friend and Diet!!!

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Friend and Diet!!!

Postby anom2 » Fri May 06, 2005 8:57 pm

My friend she is isnt fat and she not thin she average! but she thinks she is massive and she is now decided to each nomore than 100 calories each meal and im worried about her...ive told her that shes basically starving herself but shes not listening and im really worried

people are tlling me to talk to her mum!! i dnt know wat to do now!!!
im 18 and i have a lot of probs
anom2
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby lilessexgal » Sat May 07, 2005 10:21 am

well im not sure how much 100 calories is although if im correct you get that almost in like one piece of meat or whatever. your right to be trying to get your friend to stop the diet because its sounds like she is at a good weight that alot of people would want to be. how long has this been going on for? try your best to keep trying to get her to stop like offer her food she cant resist etc if not you could talk to her mum but then it could be getting into something that iisnt really your business.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby X_Smiler_X » Sat May 07, 2005 11:51 am

Your right to worry, 100 calories a day is not healthy! A womands daily intake should consist of roughly 1000 calories.

You need to say something, because she will end up "crash dieting" and wont be able to stop. I'm sure she doesn't want to be anorexic.

If you feel her mum needs to know then tell her. She will thank you in the long run.

K x
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby JennaXXX » Sat May 07, 2005 1:03 pm

I agree you shouldn't keep this to yourself. Its up to you now to look out for your friend. Tell her mum.
Your friend may not thank you for it now but she will in the future believe me.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby anom2 » Sat May 07, 2005 7:58 pm

ok thanx....i will see how it goes if she doesnt stop this diet i will talk to her mum!!
im 18 and i have a lot of probs
anom2
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Lorelei » Sun May 08, 2005 5:05 pm

To maintain your weight, you should multiply your weight (in pounds) by 10, so if your friend weighs 10 stone (140 pounds), for example, she should normally consume 1400 calories per day. For her to lose weight safely, she should reduce that number, but only a little. As x_smiler_x said, approx. 1000 calories a day are usually recommended for women who want to lose weight. If she loses weight too quickly, her body will feel starved and will actually work to store more fat! If she combines healthy eating with exercise, she has a much better chance of achieving the figure she wants. xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Friends